4.27.2010

To Love Their Husbands Tuesdays: Back Rubs


John and I have a nightly routine. I don't know exactly how it happened, but it's been this way for a looong time. When the lights go out I roll to my side and John scratches/ rubs my back for awhile. When he's done, and if I don't fall asleep, we roll over and I rub his head for a bit. He always gets the short end of the stick. He rubs me first - which gets me all tired - which means I almost always fall asleep within a minute of rubbing his head. He has commented a few times that he wishes he could get some back rubs every now and then.

This weekend we went to a Christian retreat center for a couples conference. Saturday afternoon was filled with awesome outdoor activities and dinner was at 5:30. We got back to our cabin a little after 4 and took showers. We were all ready to go and noticed that we had about 15 minutes to kill. So I sat on the bed and said, "I've got an idea - I'll rub your back for a bit and then you can rub mine." So John finally got the first rub. My regret - I wish I hadn't said that he could then rub mine. I wish I had just offered him a back rub with no strings attached... which is exactly my plan tonight! : ) And it's in print - and my husband reads this blog - so there's NO backing out! : )

Last week I committed to saying "I love you" right when I wake up - I can report back that I have had 100% success! It's been tough a few mornings when I'm super tired and in need of coffee - but I always catch myself before I beg for coffee! I'm also continuing to make him breakfast and pray for him daily. Now I'm adding back rubs to that list because I know it will delight my husband ... and that's my goal! : )

How about you? Link up below with your posts full of lovey doveyness!! : )

©2009 Living By Faith

17 comments:

Sara said...

Lauren, I wanted to thank you for being a part of my first year of blogging! What a wonderful year it has been. I'm throwing a little party and as an honored guest, I would love for you to stop by and share a highlight of your year with all of us.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2010/04/cactus-happy.html

Cactus Happy,
Sara

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

I've never done a Linky before. I was hoping this would be a blog hop so that the list of posts could show up on my blog, as well.

Can you enlighten me on how this Blog Hop or Meme works?


:) :) :)

Monika said...

Nice!!! I have the same problem, I love when my husband rubs my back and I usually don´t want to switch it and rub his back :-)) Honza has massage licence, so he is sooooo good!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Great job Lauren. What a sweet night time routine. One that will bring sweet memories forever. You are such a sweet wife and a blessing to us all.

Rachel said...

It was a blessing to read your post!

Thank you.

RACHEL

Darcie said...

You and your husband have such a lovely relationship, but it is going to grow so much more stronger with you seeking to put him first. So beautiful Lauren.

Kelly said...

We are the same way with massages- Jacob rarely gets a good one. I need to work on that.

Thank you so much for hosting this link-up! It's been a blessing so far to me!

Heather said...

Lauren, I will be doing this tonight because Jason has been out of town and I'm sure he'll appreciate that homecoming! :-)

Shauna said...

Just found your blof through Mama D's and totally LOVE the idea. Will try to Mclinky.

Kate said...

Lauren,

You can come rub my back any time! ;)Awesome idea about the back rubs, let us know how it worked out next week!

Angie said...

Hi, just found your blog through another one and love it! And I hope you don't mind me joining the "Loving Their Husbands Tuesday" and instead I do the "Loving Your Fiances Tuesday" :-)

Katie said...

You are blessed with such a happy, fun, loving marriage.

Wild and Precious said...

love it -- to sweet. thanks for sharing. just found your blog for the first time -- i'm your newest follower. :)

p.s. I have vintage glam giveaway I think you might like! www.wild-and-precious.com

SnoWhite {Finding Joy in My Kitchen} said...

funny - my post is about back rubs this week too :)

cait said...

Love this! :) I'm always begging for a back rub. We seem to be in a little competetion of who can ask first. haha. Can't wait to link up! Love this idea!!

Muthering Heights said...

This is such a sweet meme idea!!! :)

sanjeet said...

I would love for you to stop by and share a highlight of your year with all of us.
post free classifieds