5.14.2010

Adoption Carnival: Praying our Tucker home at #20

There's an adoption carnival going around the blogosphere! How cool is that? It's being hosted by the wonderful Kristen at We Are That Family. the idea is that if you are in the process of adopting you can link up over at her place and folks can click through the links to pray for these families and possibly help financially. Pretty wonderful!

So, if you are stopping by for the first time - welcome! We are in the process of adopting a little boy from Ethiopia. If you want to read more about how we came to this decision, please click here. So, where are we at in the process? Well, we contracted with our incredible agency All God's Children International in December. We've completed our home study and submitted our paperwork. We've been on the waiting list for just over 2 months and we've moved right up that list pretty quickly! We got on the list on March 8th at #32. We just found out the other day that we are officially ...

#20! Twelve spots in just 2 months is pretty great. Want to know what's even cooler? We're actually #17 (unofficially of course) but we know that because a few other families got matched with their babies and taken off the list ... it just happened after our May number became official. The idea is that once we're #1 we'll get matched with our little guy. Now, one of my dear friends Amy got matched with hers when she was officially #9 - so we're not too far away!! 

So how can you help? First and foremost you can pray pray pray!!! Pray for our son - we don't know what he looks like, how old he is, or where exactly he's at ... but we sure do love him! Please keep him in your prayers. Also, keep us and his birth parents in your prayers - this is a tough time on all of us for very different reasons. If you'd like to get the word out please add this button to your blog...

(unfortunately I can't get the java script to work - so you can simply add it as a picture and type in http://laurenalexis1.blogspot.com as the link)

Second, you can help financially. We have already made several payments and are almost ready for our last. Our biggest need now is for travel. We have to make 2 trips to Ethiopia and they each cost around $5,000. We have  none of that so far, but are applying for grants and doing our best to fund raise. We're planning a yard sale in June, we are set up with Just Love Coffee and if you buy from our link $5 from every bag of coffee sold goes toward our adoption. I also opened my blog up to sponsors recently which you can read about here. I keep a tally on the right side bar with information of how much we need out of the $15,000 we have left to pay. Please pray the red number gets lower and lower! : )


Thanks for stopping by! Your support, prayers, and encouragement mean the world to us! : )

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
John 14:18

 ©2009 Living By Faith

20 comments:

Cole said...

Button is on my blog Lauren. I wish I could afford to help out more. Praying for you.

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, #20 already?????? Wow!

Kristin said...

Woo hoo for #20! That is SO exciting and you know I am praying for you! Oh my goodness, I get so excited to hear about families getting closer to bringing their children home! Good luck on the fundraising!

Jim and April said...

how exciting that your already getting so many sponsers! so excited that your "unofficially" 17 and that even if your not #1 you could still get your referral! amazing!

Critty said...

yay for a new number and a great one at that. So close. As i was driving home and praying I thought...Lauren could have her son by Christmas...how awesome would that be God! :)

Love the button and will be putting it on the blog this weekend!

<3

Monika said...

Button is on my blog :-) And still praying!!!

3 Blessings said...

I can't wait! I am so excited for you to see your son's face. Praying for you and Tucker. You are following HIS will...He will provide in one way or another :)
Lots of love,
Amy

Kara@ Creations by Kara said...

Visiting from WFMW. Good luck with your adoption plans. Very cool that you are moving up the list so quickly!! I have added your button to our adoption blog and we will pray for you too. :)

Kristen said...

Made a donation (wish it was more) Praying for your family!

Franchesca said...

Grabbed your button for my small bird studio site! I am so excited for you and trust that God will provide all your needs, including the travel expenses and all!

xx

Emily said...

You're moving up so fast! He'll be here before you know it!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome Lauren. Praying your sweet boy home. Woo hoo. Getting so excited!

Chloƫ said...

my sweet baby sister was brought home through All God's Children! :)

and i just put your button on my blog. can't wait for your baby to be home in your arms :)

Jayme said...

WOW! You are moving right up that list! It won't be long and you will be gazing at your sweet Tucker! YAY! So happy for you! You are almost there!

Amy@TheCircusMcGurkus.blogspot.com said...

Stopped in to visit from the blog carnival. I hope you leapfrog right on up the list to bring your sweet boy home.

I don't know much about international adoption, but how do you know he will be a boy if you are still #20 (or #17) on the list?

Brookie said...

Congrats on number 20, Lauren! Have fun in Lexington. Wish I could see Meghan (and Remy) and Leah like you will.

Muthering Heights said...

I'm glad you linked up...when I heard about the carnival, I thought of you right away!!!! :)

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

20 is good news!!! praying for sweet Tucker!

green pickles said...

Praying for you! May God bless you and Tucker - I am sure God has it all in hand!

Take care,

love
Aimee
x

Tiffany said...

We are right behind you in the process. I am going to pray for you. I so wish I could send money, but we are in the exact same boat. My husband and I have committed to turning around and helping other people's adoption funds as soon as we finish ours. Please know that I am praying, though. I am going to follow you, too. I cannot wait to see you bring your sweet Tucker home!!