5.10.2010

Childless on Mothers Day: Recognizing the worth of being a spiritual mother @ Exemplify

By the time May hits the calendar all the Hallmarks in America have filled up with Mother’s Day cards and gifts. The message is everywhere, from magazine and newspaper ads to commercials and emails. May is all about Mother’s Day. It’s a beautiful celebration and mothers everywhere deserve the recognition and appreciation. But, the day after Mother’s Day can leave some of us rather down…

We’re in a group of our own. Married, but childless. Desiring, but unable. Longing, wishing, and hoping. Hallmark doesn’t have a card for that. There are no flowers presented at the church service and the sermon usually doesn’t feel like it applies to us. All of these feelings make the weeks before D- day M-day fill up with dread, and the days following leave us nursing our broken hearts. Is there an answer for us in this painful season? Yes! Praise God that we who are in Christ Jesus are all mothers...

To finish reading please head on over to Exemplify

Don't forget to link up tomorrow for To Love Their Husbands Tuesdays! : )
 ©2009 Living By Faith

14 comments:

Sarah Ann said...

I went and read... It's not only great writing, but it is really touching! God is going to bless you because of how much you bless him!

Heather said...

Beautiful story Lauren...the example you are never ceases to amaze me. I'm blessed to have such a God-loving, God-fearing best friend! I love you!!

Missie said...

Beautiful story!

Alicia said...

Wonderful post, Lauren!!! I commented over there too.

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

i'm always impressed by your strength and praise the Lord for giving you so much hope in the midst of your longing!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

For many years this was where I was too. I hold you in my prayers.

Serline said...

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." He is and always will be watching over you, whether it be the child you are adopting or a miracle you will deliver from your own loins, it is all in His plans for you. We will keep you in our prayers...

He & Me + 3 said...

That was a wonderful post Lauren. I love your outlook on everything. Encourager is your gift for sure.

Katie said...

I remember that Mother's Day after my first miscarriage when they had all the moms stand up for their recognition. I wanted so badly to stand because I knew I was a mom, my baby was just in Heaven, but I didn't for lots of reasons. That moment became the reason two churches I am aquainted with changed their practices. Even now with my own precious toddler, my two babies in Heaven keep my heart ever mindful of the mommys with empty arms.

Muthering Heights said...

This is so touching...

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

Lauren, I am so excited for you as you wait to meet your son - knowing this is your final year with arms ready to be full of joy, love and laughter!

I am praying for you and your husband - as you both wait to become parents for the first time!

May you find joy in the days God is leading you through to prepare the way for His richest blessings on us - adopting a child of His perfectly picked for your hearts!

Blessings and grace,
Jill

Warren Baldwin said...

Linked and read. Very, very good.

tonydye said...

I learned of your blog from a friend. I am a pastor in south Alabama. I want to thank you for peeling back a layer of my heart. I will be a better pastor on Mother's Day after reading your blog.
Pray that God will show me how to minister to those whose hearts are hurting like yours has.
God bless you....

Tony Dye

Enjoying the Scenery said...

Your post blessed me. I suffered 2 miscarriages since Mother's Day last year, and Mother's Day was very hard this year. We're resting in God's plan...