5.06.2010

Crazy Love Challenge: Bringing Tucker Home

I am linking up with  A Place Called Simplicity for the Crazy Love challenge. What's that you ask? Here it is in her own words...  


"Friends from all over the world, knowing how God loves the orphan....stopping and saying to themselves: Hmmmm, I'm not in the midst of trying to bring an orphan home but God's Crazy Love compels me to do something for someone....so I will click on these links and ask God to move on my heart and show me what I can give or buy from those doing fundraisers to bring their little one{s} home..."

Pretty amazing isn't it? So here's a little background for those of you who are new around here or visiting for the first time. We're in the process of adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia. We've chosen Tucker for his name and that's how I refer to him on this blog. The extremely looong story made short is this:

I knew I wanted to adopt long before I was even married. I shared this with John when we were engaged and he was supportive, but we both thought we'd talk more about it after we had a couple biological children. Those were our plans, but God's plans are not always what we think they'll be. We started trying for a family right away and after a year finally got that little plus sign! A couple months later, though, I miscarried our first child. Another year went by and it happened again... a little plus sign followed by another loss. That was 3 years ago. Since then we've felt the Lord strongly calling us to "the least of these..." the fatherless, the little ones who need a home and don't have one. Two years ago we followed that call into foster parenting and had the joy of twins two year old boys for 3 months. That experience changed us in ways we didn't expect and it grew the passion in our hearts for needy children. We prayed about adoption for a couple years and finally, last fall, felt the Lord giving us the green light to proceed with the process in Ethiopia. We've finished our paperwork and have been moving our way up the wait list for the past 2 months. We're hoping for our referral with a picture of our son by the end of summer.

I could go on and on about how the Lord has been working in us over the last 6 months ... but this post would never end! I will say that He's taught us about trust in a whole new way! We didn't have even close to all the money together for our first payment, let alone the whole adoption cost when we started. But, through prayer, fund raising, and the generosity of others we were able to raise the funds for each payment as they came. We basically have 3 left. We'll need to pay about $5,000 with our referral packet, then we have to travel to Ethiopia for court and stay about a week. Those expenses will add up to about another $5,000. Then we'll make the 2nd trip about 6-8 weeks later to bring Tucker home and that trip will cost about another $5,000. So we are working to raise $15,000 to bring our son home. Will you help? If you're not sure what this whole adoption thing means, why anyone would do it, or why you should help ... please click here and read this post by my friend, and fellow adopting mother, V. It's amazing and gives you clear perspective.

If you'd like to help THANK YOU!!! Here's how you can:

Buy some coffee! : ) Just Love Coffee is donating $5 for every bag sold under our store to our adoption:



If you don't like coffee you can simply donate through 2 means:
100 Good Wishes for Tucker (and this allows you to leave a prayer or sweet message as well!)


Donations through PayPal by clicking here:







Blog Sponsors! Another way we're raising funds for our adoption is through blog sponsors ... I have recently opened my blog up for advertising and all the money will go toward our adoption. So, if you would like to advertise for your blog, Etsy Shop, or business just email me at laurenalexis1@gmail.com for more information! : )

Of course there is prayer too! Please, if you do nothing else, pray for us and for our son! 

"God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Matthew 6: 30-33

©2009 Living By Faith

13 comments:

Lara said...

I love Crazy Love! Our small group is reading it right now. I hope to buy some yummy coffee as soon as the budget allows :-) Have a good day Lauren.

Kristin said...

What a neat idea! I hope that everyone has lots of support come their way from this!

Heather said...

I know God will provide for you to bring sweet little Tucker home. We love him already! And I lu you!!

3 Blessings said...

Thanks for sharing. I had never been to her site before. It is fantastic.
Blessings,
Amy

Missie said...

I will be praying for you, your husband and Tucker!

Alicia said...

I didn't know you had a site for prayers or messages to Tucker! How awesome is that!!!!

I'll continue to pray that God will provide the funds to bring Tucker home!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Your family is just precious. I know that God will provide all the funds you need through many different resources.

Critty said...

What a neat idea. I am praying for all three of you. I know God is going to provide it and y'all are going to be so amazed...and blessed :)

<3 you!

Amy said...

I will continue to pray for God's provision, peace & patience as you wait to hold your sweet baby boy in your arms. I know that Tucker is SOO loved already!

Muthering Heights said...

Awww, I hope you can bring him home soon!!! Will you update the amount that you have left to raise here on your blog?

Kimmie said...

Oh Lauren- how excited all the ways God is opening up to bring you the needed funds. He is amazingly faithful, wait and see what He does to ransom your Tucker's life for you.

Praying for you my friend. Glad God has brought you into my life.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

it's beautiful to hear about how the Lord is faithfully providing ways for you to bring your son home! praying for His provision over the rest of the expenses!

christy rose said...

I am proud to help in a monetary way right now! I recently purchased a couple of bags of Just Love Coffee and will be buying some more soon from your link to them. I feel the tug of the Spirit of God urging me to help bring orphans to families this way right now. But who knows what God will continue to lead me to in the future. It is exciting to be a part in whatever way He leads right now.