5.17.2010

Strawberry Recipes! : )

Because of popular demand, I thought I better post the recipes to some of those delicious strawberry concoctions I talked about in this post! We've been out of town all weekend and aren't headed back until later today - so this is my easy, short & sweet post! : )

Strawberry Syrup


This one is ridiculously easy and I made it up, so there aren't any true measurements.
Simply slice about 3 cups of fresh strawberries in half and put them in a sauce pan. Then add about a cup of sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you want it) and turn the burner on high. Stir with a wooden spoon until it comes to a boil, then reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes. Voila! You don't need to add any liquid because the juices in the strawberries provide it all!

 Strawberry Smoothies


These are so perfect for a hot summer evening. They are super healthy too! All you need is:

1 banana
handful of frozen strawberries
splash of 100% apple juice

put it all together in a blender and blend!

Strawberry Cream Cake


I cannot take credit for this wonderful recipe - it is found in my Taste of Home cookbook and you can find it by clicking here!

Bon Apetit!
©2009 Living By Faith

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for the recipes Lauren!

With strawberries being so inexpensive right now, I appreciate different ways to use them. Sounds delicious!

Blessings,
Debbie

Michelle (michabella) said...

I love Strawberry season! Thanks for sharing <333

Darcie said...

All they sound superbly delicious! Love strawberries!

Kristin said...

Yummy!!!!

Monika said...

Oh, thanks for these recipes!!! I can´t wait to try it :-))

christy rose said...

OH my all of these sound so yummy! We all love strawberries in our house!

Amy said...

Yum Yum!!! Definitely gonna try some of these!

Lara said...

Thanks, Lauren. I'm sitting at my desk at work and I haven't eaten breakfast and now want strawberry cake. Thanks. A. Lot. Have I mentioned I still have baby weight to lose???

Chloƫ said...

my poor husband tried to make strawberry preserves this weekend but ended up burning them REALLY badly. he was so sad. that strawberry syrup looks yum though!

and my little sister came home the middle of january of this year, after waiting since august 2007. it was a rough wait for my parents, and all of us really, and they encountered tremendous troubles as so many things had to be redone due to the hague convention. but she's home now, and as adorable and sweet as can be, and all that waiting didn't seem so bad in the end. :) it will be worth it for you, too, when sweet little tucker is home.

you can visit my mom's blog for more stories www.madjohn85.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

Um, yum. One can never have too many recipes, thanks!

Stacy

He & Me + 3 said...

Thanks... I love anything with strawberries.

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

thanks for sharing! they look scrumptious!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Oh thanks for this! I'm so excited... my family will be thrilled!

peace~elaine