5.04.2010

To Love Their Husbands Tuesdays: Being Rosie the Riveter!

 How's it going ladies? Are you finding new ways to show love to the main man in your life? Do you need some encouragement? Is he just not noticing? Did the world tip sideways for you this week and completely overwhelm you? You've come to the right place! My hope is that through this meme we are an encouragement to one another! Satan seeks to destroy marriages, but God loves the union that is such a beautiful picture of Christ and the church. Stay strong! Even when it seems like your efforts aren't being appreciated - I promise you they are! God sees everything and loves your beautiful heart. It will make a difference if you stick with it! When life gets crazy and you just don't have the time or energy to think of some way to bless your husband ... just take a moment. breathe. pray. ask. receive. God wants to bless your marriage and He wants to use you! One of the fabulous things about this meme is the abundance of ideas to be gleaned from all the wonderful ladies who link up. So if your creativity meter feels a little low - just visit one of them and stock up on some new ideas! : )

Last week I committed to giving my husband more back rubs... I was able to follow through with that twice and I must say he was very appreciative! I also loved Kelly's idea of surprising your man at work with his favorite dessert beverage. She brought her husband a chocolate milkshake and I thought that was so sweet! So, last Wednesday, I stopped by the church to drop off the snacks for that night's service and surprised John w/ a java chip frappachino from Starbucks. It's his favorite frozen drink and trust me - by 5pm on a Wednesday he could use a little pick me up (we usually don't leave the church until 10pm ... and he's been there since 9am.)

 My BIG project to bless his socks off was accomplished on Saturday afternoon. He went shooting with a friend from church and I cleaned out the garage while he was gone. I didn't take pictures solely so I wouldn't post them - because it was that bad! You could barely walk in there and it was an enormous project. But, I finished before he got home and when he saw what I'd done he was blown away! It was so funny to see him in such shock and then look at me and say, "how on earth did you do all this??" I puffed up my chest and flexed my biceps. Those of you who know me in real life will find that hilarious. (I'm not a big/strong woman at all ... probably the reason for my husband's shock!)

I'm still dwelling on this week's project - but I just want to report that I'm still keeping my morning routine and it's making our days start out so beautifully! : )

How about you? Link up below to share how you've been loving on your man!
©2009 Living By Faith

20 comments:

Joyeful said...

I seriously love this. So inspiring!! And I just read one of your previous To Love Their Husbands posts about Created to Be His Helpmeet and I have to say that book was a blessing to our marriage. God really ministered to me through it and showed me how to love my husband. Just like you, I don't agree with every word, but the wisdom to be gained from it is priceless!

Even though I can't write a post tonight (wayyy past my bedtime) I am going to be putting conscious effort into this!

Lynda Young said...

my world tipped sideways a couple of weeks ago..but it wasn't just my world, it was my husband's world as well. We are best friends and it shines out even more in a crisis. The best marriage advice I can give is to really appreciate each other. But I also like your suggestion to give him more back rubs. He will appreciate me even more ;)

Amanda said...

G'day! I saw you checked out my blog so I have checked out yours. What a great blog! I've added you to my blogroll and will be a daily reader.

PS I can't get OpenID to work so this will link to my old blog. Current blog is: http://blogs.oddsocks.net/ahunt

Monika said...

I like the idea to visit my husband at his work with something for him, but I have to be at my work...maybe when I will be mommy I can do it :-))

Good job with your garage, I think John really know how MUCH you LOVE him!

I´m curious what will be next :-)

e-Mom said...

Hi Lauren,

Good for you! Our garage could use some clean-up too...

I wrote a post for my own meme "Marriage Monday" and I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to add it to your Linky. It's all about immproving our conversations about intimacy. If so, let me know, and I'll link up, and then link back to you. If not, no problem. :~D

You can read it here: http://chrysaliscom.blogspot.com/2010/05/marriage-talking-turkey-when-youre.html

Blessings, e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Heather said...

Oh geez...I feel like this is a direct challenge after you saw my garage!!! haha! That would make Jason's day (and mine too because then I could actually find a screwdriver!). Hmmmm...we'll see what the day holds:-) Thanks for the idea!

Kelly said...

That is so great that you got that done while he was gone!! I know the great feeling when you please your hubby and do something to make him really happy! I'm sure his response made your day as much as the clean garage made his!!

3 Blessings said...

Love the ideas and I am sure you husband loved them.
Blessings,
Amy

John and Lauren said...

Thank you so much baby! You are wonderful , and I am so touched at all wonderful things you do for me. I just love being married to you!

Darcie said...

How great of you Lauren! That is seriously so great of you to do that for him. I believe that he was smiling just as big on his face as he was in his heart! Keep up the amazing work!

Kristin said...

Wow!! You go girl! :) I think it might just take an army for our garage to get cleaned out. Haha!!

Chloë said...

bravo on the garage! i sometime would deep clean the basement for my mom when i was in high school and man, was that a chore! i'll be garages are way tougher. props to you for being a proverbs 31 wife :)

e-Mom said...

Thanks for inviting me to link up Lauren. I applaud you in your support of our marriages! :~D

Blessings, e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Alicia said...

You are so encouraging with this meme!! I have to admit that I didn't do anything out of the "norm" this past week. One of my sons got hit hard with a fever, cough, etc. But, I will make a point of blessing him this week!!

Jayme said...

Thamks for the wonderful post! We will be in Lexington next weekend too! Ross isn't graduating but we are going to New Market Day and to see Ross and then we are going to try to camp on the BRM. We are doing well...mostly really busy! Bryan is working 30hrs and taking 2 classes this semester and i've been a little short staffed at work. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys! let us know what your schedule is for the weekend!

...::Heather @ Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
...::Heather @ Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

Wow, I just love this post,and what a source of encouragement that I needed RIGHT NOW! Thanks for sharing. :)

Muthering Heights said...

I'm sure he was so pleased!! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

What a sweet wife you are. That was a big job! Good job on the morning routine too.

Maurie said...

OK, I'm motivated to clean out the garage and have the yard sale I promised him for his birthday. Yesterday was his day, but my friend who is doing the sale with me can't do it until next week because she runs the National Day of Prayer in our town and they expect 15,000 people tonight! So...to show him how much I love him, I went to Jos. Banks and did some shopping for him. He hates to shop and loves when I replenish his wardrobe for him. By the way, I'd welcome visits to my new site:
graciousinteriors.blogspot.com