5.07.2010

What God's been teaching me lately,,,

... that I am not now, nor will I ever be perfect. I am human and mistakes unfortunately come with that.

... that He is trustworthy in all things - even when it hurts and I don't understand.

... that I really can do all things through Christ.

... that I can do nothing on my own, and when I try I mess up. big time.

... that His calling is never too much to handle. It can be a lot, but never too much. His burden is light and His yoke is easy.

... that things look so much brighter when I have an eternal perspective. Lately I've been far too focused on me which only causes me to get my feelings hurt when others are careless and insensitive, to be worried about how I look and what others are thinking of me, and hold a wrong sense of entitlement. With my focus on the Lord I suddenly have a better attitude, a more cheerful spirit, greater strength, and tougher resolve.

... that nothing on this earth matters more than serving Him. Not money, not clothes, not a pretty house, not the latest fashions, not movies and tv shows, not free time, not vacations... nothing at all. The only thing worth living for is the unexplainable joy and satisfaction of being used by the King of Glory.

"It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him."
Deuteronomy 13:4

** My dear friend and fellow adopting mom, Amy,  finally got her referral to her sweet baby boy! She just posted the story and let me tell you it is SO GOD!!! Please click here to read the story and leave her a big congratulations! : )
©2009 Living By Faith

15 comments:

Critty said...

I feel that I am learning so many of those things right now... especially the strength thing and being able to do ALL things through Him.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend.

<3

Anna said...

This past two years, where the rubber meets the road. Ive been taking alot of the things I learned as a child and stored into my head and let them flow down into my heart- the application part is so much harder.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

That eternal perspective one really spoke to me. Such a great reminder and way to focus back in on what matters.
~ Wendy

Jim and April said...

Amen sister and so glad you linked everyone to read Amy's referral story because BOY is it a big one! :0)

That Fresh Feeling said...

Thanks so much for the encouraging post....we are adopting from Uganda...I look forward to reading more of your blog. thanks

Darcie said...

So very, very true Lauren! Nothing in all the world matters but that. Thank you for the inspiring post!

Heather @ Gerber Days said...

You are so cute Lauren! I love the way you look at things, and I need to adopt your perspective!

Thanks!!!

WalkingwithHIM said...

ON Monday God gave me this verse. I/we are in the midt of a trial, and me being a "mis fix it" personality, He gently reminded me that...

14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.


I am dust. He breathes life into me, a clay pot in the Masters Hand, a vessel for His use.

Alicia said...

It's amazing how fast my attitude and perspective changes when I keep my focus on Him!!

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

it's so beautiful to think that the Lord's calling on our lives is never too much to handle. what a freeing truth! life is lived so differently when we keep an eternal perspective in the forefront of our minds! thank you for sharing all of these beautiful Truths! praise the Lord for Amy's referral!

He & Me + 3 said...

God is teaching you some great things. Today was a rough day over here. Stunt Man is in a mood...so difficult when he gets in them. I tried to deal in my own strength. I am tired. I needed this post. Wish I would have been on earlier.
So excited for Amy!

alihsee said...

What an amazing bunch of things to be learning! :) I hope you have a wonderful, blessed weekend!

Angie said...

Lauren, thanks for this post. I truly believe God uses all resources to convey his message and your post is one of them. I always feel motivated and a bit better after reading your posts. This week has been rough for me, and I have put my faith 150% in God and he has been with me every step of the way.

Muthering Heights said...

Those are important lessons...he has to teach and RE-teach me the same ones! :)

Jennifer said...

What a great post! We have so much to learn from HIM. I love the one about messing up when you try to do something on your own. That is SO true. Thank you for sharing your lessons learned!
~Jennifer