6.09.2010

Adoption update plus a gift!

Things are moving along at a steady pace to bring home Tucker! We're unofficially #13 and hope to get our official update from the agency sometime this week! I'm getting so anxious for our referral - I really want to see that sweet face of his!

My passport came in the mail last week - woohoo! Now I can travel to Africa (my first trip out of the country... well, except the one time I went to Canada...) I can't wait!

We also got our FDL from US CIS. For all of you who don't speak adoption lingo - we got approved by the United States Center of Immigration Services to adopt a baby boy from Ethiopia! This is a crucial piece of paperwork because without it we can't adopt Tucker. There was a hiccup that delayed our approval (they lost our home study) but now it's all taken care of and we're approved! Praise God!

I am SO excited to share this with you ... my beautiful new necklace from The Vintage Pearl...


 Isn't it just gorgeous! It's even more beautiful in person ... especially around my neck! Now I not only have Tucker in my heart but written outside my heart for all to see how much I love my baby boy! I was so ridiculously excited to get this package!!!

As the weeks go by we are getting closer with our fund raising. We still need about $800 for our referral payment, (which we are hoping to need any day now!!) And then we have approximately $10,000 to raise for travel. So we're having a yard sale this weekend! I've been so busy with all the preparations. Several people have donated items and one dear friend drove 2 hours to bring us things to sell! Heather came over yesterday to help me organize things and figure out pricing. We spread things out in the living room and sorted it all... so this is what my living room looks like right now...
And then there is still a TON of stuff in our garage...
Soon it will *hopefully* all be GONE! I made some posters this evening to let everyone know why we're having a yard sale and we'll put a little jar out for donations. I made a "fact sheet" about Ethiopia for people to educate themselves. There's a poster that says "all $ will go to our adoption" too.
Please pray that it's an ENORMOUS success and lots of people come! I'll let you know on Monday how we did! : )

©2009 Living By Faith

28 comments:

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

so exciting for you!! I pray that it all goes well!

Natalie said...

i love that necklace! I have seen a few of those-they are so so sweet!
i will be praying the garage sale brings in big bucks for you!!

Kristin said...

Yay!!! How exciting!! I love that necklace.....it is so beautiful! Praying that your garage sale is a huge success!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Lauren, wish I lived closer-I'd be all over that yard sale!

LOVE your necklace. Precious.

...ok, so I came over to follow along with you on Twitter, but alas, no button to click on. :O(

Barbie said...

Wonderful news! I love the necklace! Good luck at the yard sale!

Cole said...

Praying its a great success. Can't wait to see pictures of you with your little boy. He will be in your arms before you know it.

Veronica said...

Love, love the necklace! I'll be praying that the yard sale goes well. I love your signs too!

Debbie said...

I love your new necklace!

What great ideas you have for raising the funds to bring your boy home for life.

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Some close friends of ours are adopting 2 little boys from Ethiopia. They had a HUGE yard sale a few weeks ago (lots of people donated things to sell) and they made almost $3,000 in one day. Praying that yours is HUGELY successful.


Laurel :)

lori said...

Lauren,
You guys remain in my prayers! I have to tell you, I'm not a big yard sale gal, but your posters would have me stopping by for SURE! LOVE them!
Praying that this yard sale yields much and that the rest of this journey is ordered by God and God alone and that little guy Tucker is home in your arms soon...

I know it's a journey, a journey not for the weary or faint of heart...honestly, I'm in awe...

peace,
lori

3 Blessings said...

Your necklace is beautiful! Love it!

I know that your yard sale will be a huge success!

I can't wait for you to get his referral either :)
Love,
Amy

Amy said...

Hoping your garage sale is a GREAT success!

Waiting was SO hard after we hit the top 10. Hang in there, it will all be worth it soon - even if it is enough to drive a person crazy.

I hope you have your referral before we go so I can live Tucker a little lovin!!!

Rachel said...

I'll be praying!!! The necklace is so precious!! Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Jenny said...

the necklace is GORGEOUS! so excited that you got your FDL :-) hope the yard sale is a hit!!!

oh, and did you see you won the drawing at From God to Ghana?! go check it out!

Jim and April said...

so happy your unofficially #13, that is not too far away from #1! :0) LOVE your yard sale signs...i made mine last night! :0) They took longer to do than I thought but glad I got them done! I'm praying the rain stops today so my sister and I can finish sorting through all the clothes and stuff! Our garage looks VERY similar to yours! :0) Praying we both makes lots of $$$ for our adoptions! :0)

Chloƫ said...

oh I pray that it goes well! I only wish I could come! :)

Hope this brings you 10 steps closer to Tucker! And I LOVE that necklace :)

Whitney said...

I'm so excited for your family of 3!!!! The months of waiting and praying and loving your child before you even meet them are so hard and drag by....but hugging your munchkin will make it all worth it!! Can't wait to meet Tucker....he is already loved by so many. :)

chadandnikki said...

I love that necklace. It's gorgeous. Praying for ya'll. Your story is inspiring.

He & Me + 3 said...

OmWord Lauren...things are just falling into place. I am so excited for you. I think a yard sale is a great idea and will bring in so much money. Good for you. Love the necklace you got too. Beautiful. Woo hoo on #13. It is moving along so smoothly. God is so good.
Hugs,
Mimi

Kelly said...

Beautiful necklace!!!! Praying for huge success on Saturday!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Can't wait to see a picture of you, with that beautiful little boy in your arms and that most perfect necklace. Best of luck to you - I really enjoy reading about your amazing journey. PS - Traveling to Africa will be a tad bit different than Canada...but SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

Alison said...

Love, love, love the necklace!! It is so precious! I have one that I wear almost everyday with all of my kids names...I've got to go get Caroline's name to add to it! Good luck with your garage sale!

Alicia said...

I just love those signs! I know that it will touch everyone's heart that goes to your garage sale! I'll be praying for a successful day!!!!

God and Ponytails said...

That is so exciting! 13 sounds soon! Jealous but happy for you.

emmy-pie lovely . . . said...

i love the necklace and have bookmarked the site, think i'll get one too for my little guy.

you have been heavy on my heart and in my prayers, so excited that you are moving up the list, Tucker is on his way home, God has the wheels in motion, yay!!

Emily said...

good luck with the yard sale! I hope it goes great! :)

chantel said...

Yay you are getting so close. Hope the sale goes well. Ilove the necklace, I have been hinting to my hubby to get me one too, I love em.

prashant said...

I pray that it all goes well!
Banner Advertising Network India