6.25.2010

Caffeinated Randomess: looking back and looking forward!

 It's already Friday!! This week has gone by really fast - which is great cause I've got lots to look forward to this weekend! : )

I've had a lot of quality time with my awesome brother this week! A highlight was Wednesday night when he came over after church. The plan was to have popcorn and watch a movie. We were chatting on the couch and as Kevin was telling me about this super creepy movie he saw the power went out!! John went to get the flashlight and Kevin kept telling me about this pretty disturbing plot line. It was pitch black and I was so freaked out. It was like ghost stories during sleep overs! Later on Kevin told me that he was getting kinda scared telling the story in the dark too! haha Anyway, after a few minutes the three of us took the flashlight outside to explore. It was a major outage!! So we took a walk in the dark and then went back to the house. About 11pm the power came back on. We decided it was too late to watch a movie, so we popped in some old TV shows and watched a few episodes. It was pretty fun!
 (Kevin - he's pretty cute isn't he???)

Tuesday was a day with Heather and it was so much fun! Her husband's grandparents live next door to them and they have a pool. It was almost 100 on Tuesday so we took full advantage! We put Christian in his adorable little hat and swim trunks then made our way over to the blue bliss! It felt so good to relax in the pool on such a hot day! Heather, we really need to start taking pictures of our dates!!

I've been able to do some much needed work in my veggie garden this week too - we're getting LOTS of tomatoes in and enormous cucumbers!


Yesterday was a full day of working in Tucker's room. It was great! I painted his dresser and cleared out the guest bed. I emptied the closet so it's ready to fill with baby boy clothes as soon as we know his size! Today we're hopefully getting the crib out of John's parents attic (we already have one thanks to the wonderful twins!) While I was working in his room I dropped a pair of scissors on my 2nd toe... and it sliced out a sizable chunk of toe! It hurt like wow but it was kinda funny because I hobbled to the bathroom and put my foot in the sink - John was trying to help me and goes, "geez - that's a bleeder alright!" haha I don't know why I think that's funny ... but it was!

And now - what to look forward to??? MY FIRST BABY SHOWER!!! Heather is throwing me a shower on Saturday with some of my High School, college, and work pals!! I can't wait!! One of my good friends from college is bringing us a changing table that a friend donated. So we're going to paint it to match the crib this weekend! After the shower there will be lots more to put in Tucker's nursery so I will post pictures of our progress on Monday!!!

Til then - enjoy some more randomness over at Andrea's!

 ©2009 Living By Faith

22 comments:

Heather said...

We definitely need to start taking pics! People are going to think we're making it all up! :-) I can't wait for the shower!! And oh, I would've peed my pants if that was me in the dark hearing scary stories!!!

The Kirk Fam said...

Lauren,
Thank you for linking up the GO SEEK LOVE site to your blog yesterday. I can't wait to see how Tuckers room is coming together!! I have been feeling a new expectancy of God's hand moving with our adoptions! (Especially as our numbers get lower!)How about you? I continue to pray our boys home daily.
Enjoy your shower celebration,too!
With joy,
Amy

Anna Baur said...

sounds like you had a really fun and busy week!! :) Enjoy your shower!

Kelly said...

Your poor toe!!! That no fun! Hope it heals up quick.

Can't wait to hear about the shower! So excited for you :)

Jennifer said...

What a great time you had with your brother. It is great to have a brother to hang out with like that. And yes... he certainly is a cutie!

"Geez, that's a bleeder alright!" That is funny!! Not that you hurt yourself, but what he said! ;)

I can't wait to hear all about the shower and see the progress of Tucker's nursery. I will soon have a little something done to add to it!! :)

Lara said...

Sounds like a fun week! Have a great time at your shower. I'm sure that referral will be here any day now...

Sarah Ann said...

Aww! yay for your baby shower! How exciting!

Layton Family Joy said...

clapping hands excited for your baby shower! Relax and enjoy the day!!!

Stef

Bobbi said...

Um, *when* do we get to see the pictures of Tucker's room?? *smiles* I hope you just enjoy yourself rotten at your baby shower!!

Andrea said...

Have fun at your baby shower! How exciting!!!!

Emily said...

have fun at your shower!! My family and friends are throwing me a bridal shower next weekend and I'm sooo excited :)

Amanda said...

I hope your shower is amazing! :)

Annika said...

I cannot wait until my tomatoes are ready. Yours look heavenly!
Enjoy preparing for your baby, and have fun at your shower!!

Kate said...

Yea for a baby shower! How exciting!!!

Kela said...

I love a baby shower! Baby showers differ from one place to the other I find. I like the good ole fashion "show up at this time to party" as opposed to "we'll be 'open' from 1-5. Drop in if you'd like" kind.

Have loads of fun and yes, take lots of pics!!

Have a blessed weekend!!

Amydeanne said...

awww i'm sure you'll have a great shower!!

Alison said...

Awww! So excited that you are having a baby shower this weekend!! I know it will be great! Can't wait to see pics!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I loved this post. So much fun. I can't wait to see Tucker's room and the painted dresser.
That is awesome that Heather is throwing you a shower. Woo hoo. What a sweet friend and how fun.

freedownloadfont said...

hello! warm greeting ^^!
you have a nice blog 0_0

by the way,
if you need to find Linux Font, you can go to our website.

best regards;

Missie said...

Sounds like a super exciting week! Have fun at your baby shower!

Joyeful said...

Ah, what fun!! And I'm so glad to hear you're having a baby shower soon!!!!! You'll have to post online where you are registered at!!

Have a lovely weekend!!

Amy said...

What a great week! I'm looking forward to pics of Tucker's room & the shower!!