This will be a totally random "catch up" post!
- I've had a wonderful week so far with cousins coming in town and lots of quality time with my wonderful brother who's home from college. Kevin and I are pretty close and it's been great to hang out with him so much! : )
- We're having our 2nd yard sale on Saturday and this week I have just relaxed and not put so much time and worry into it... just prayer. It feels good- I know God will work it all out.
- Speaking of yard sales. It was our goal last week to make at least $800. That was all we needed to have the money ready for our payment that will be due when our referral comes. We made $435 last weekend. I was disappointed, but thought that as long as we made the same this Saturday it would be fine. Enter God:
We got a card in the mail tonight from a very special couple. They are good friends of ours. They know all about the adoption and our fund raising efforts. They've been a huge support as some of our biggest cheerleaders and prayer warriors. They wrote us a sweet note and included these words.. "hopefully our donation can cover the rest of your referral money and then whatever you make in the yard sale goes for your trip(s) to Ethiopia!" There was a check for $400. When I unfolded the check I broke down. God is so good! I could do nothing but praise Him and give thanks for our wonderful friends. I'm still in awe. We now have enough for our referral and are officially saving up for travel! He is GOOD!
- I read an amazing post that everyone should read. It's motivating, convicting, and encouraging. I find that it perfectly communicates the state of my heart right now. Please click here to read it!
- Thank you SO MUCH to all who have committed to praying for us daily this week. You are precious to me. Keep it up! The sale is tomorrow and we'd love to have a good start on our travel funds!
- My husband is brilliant. Seriously, he's the smartest man I've ever met... and also the hardest worker. He's amazing.
- I can't wait to see Tucker's little face. Can't.wait. Seriously... I daydream about it all the time!
©2009 Living By Faith