6.18.2010

CR: just really random

This will be a totally random "catch up" post!

  • I've had a wonderful week so far with cousins coming in town and lots of quality time with my wonderful brother who's home from college. Kevin and I are pretty close and it's been great to hang out with him so much! : ) 
  • We're having our 2nd yard sale on Saturday and this week I have just relaxed and not put so much time and worry into it... just prayer. It feels good- I know God will work it all out. 
  • Speaking of yard sales. It was our goal last week to make at least $800. That was all we needed to have the money ready for our payment that will be due when our referral comes. We made $435 last weekend. I was disappointed, but thought that as long as we made the same this Saturday it would be fine. Enter God:
We got a card in the mail tonight from a very special couple. They are good friends of ours. They know all about the adoption and our fund raising efforts. They've been a huge support as some of our biggest cheerleaders and prayer warriors. They wrote us a sweet note and included these words.. "hopefully our donation can cover the rest of your referral money and then whatever you make in the yard sale goes for your trip(s) to Ethiopia!" There was a check for $400. When I unfolded the check I broke down. God is so good! I could do nothing but praise Him and give thanks for our wonderful friends. I'm still in awe. We now have enough for our referral and are officially saving up for travel! He is GOOD!
  • I read an amazing post that everyone should read. It's motivating, convicting, and encouraging. I find that it perfectly communicates the state of my heart right now. Please click here to read it! 
  • Thank you SO MUCH to all who have committed to praying for us daily this week. You are precious to me. Keep it up! The sale is tomorrow and we'd love to have a good start on our travel funds!
  • My husband is brilliant. Seriously, he's the smartest man I've ever met... and also the hardest worker. He's amazing. 
  • I can't wait to see Tucker's little face. Can't.wait. Seriously... I daydream about it all the time! 
Okay... now that I've randomed you all out... head on over to Andrea's for some more!! :P
©2009 Living By Faith

22 comments:

Jim and April said...

umm...wow! Love to see God work! So happy your friends gave that love gift to you!

LOVED that blog post you referred us to! WOW! Posting on facebook about it! :0)

Kristin said...

So awesome how God answered your prayers for the money you needed! Yay!!!!

Barbie said...

God is so good and so faithful! Praying for a successful garage sale!

Kelly said...

Praise the Lord!!!!!!! Been praying! He is SO good!!!!

Melanie said...

Lauren,
God is so good!! That's fantastic. I've thought about you and your yard sale all week and prayed for good weather and people to spend lots of money there. I hope you raise what you are hoping for. Who knows? You might meet someone in the adoption world who would like your leftover stuff to sale in a yard sale to save money for their next financial goal? God is totally awesome like that and orchestrated ours from beginning to end. Now, my house is totally cleaned out.ahhhhh.....Praying for a great sale!!
Melanie (www.proverbs24twelve.blogspot.com)

Heather said...

I got chills about the check in the mail! How awesome is that??? Wow. And Tucker's sweet little face-I'll take some of that:-) Lu you! Glad you've had a good week with the fam!

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Praise God for His timing. That is such a neat story.

Have a great weekend!!

:)Erin
http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

Sheri said...

That's awesome about your adoption fund!!!!!

Bobbi said...

WOW...it's so neat to see how God is providing for yous and Tucker! Smiles!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMWord. I love reading how God is providing at every turn of this adoption. He is awesome!
Praying the yard sale goes well.

Andrea said...

THAT is awesome! Yay, God! This morning I was just thanking Him for all the little (and not so little!) miracles He works out for us daily. I really want to get better at recognizing them!

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, Lauren!!!! I just love how God uses people to bless us!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

yay that's so exciting!! :) I hope the yard sale goes well tomorrow!

Missie said...

What an awesome gift! I am excited to hear how your garage sale goes tomorrow!

Natalie said...

My heart is there, too - I hear ya! Great post at "We Are That Family"! Thanks for sharing it!

Congrats on raising enough money! God IS good.

Good luck this weekend, Lauren!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com

Jenny said...

praise the LORD for providing through such wonderful friends!

Kristen Love said...

Praise God and great friends! :-)

Michelle said...

God is so good. I love when we need something that it suddenly happens.

nault's nook said...

I love how the Lord is the ultimate gift giver. He never ceases to amaze me! Just remember his plan is perfect in every way and the good work he has started in you, He will finish.
Congrats and I can't wait till you get to hold that little boy!!!

Amy said...

I love when God works that way! How exciting for you to have all you need for the referral! Continuing to pray that you get all that you need quickly!!

Joyeful said...

Wow!! That is just incredible!! What an amazing testimony! God has really been placing you on my heart lately and I've been praying hard for you all! I know He's got this in His hands! Love ya lots!!

prashant said...

God is so good.
Banner Advertising Network India