6.22.2010

To Love Their Husbands Tuesdays: Loving Him Through Seminary

I am a completely spoiled wife. I am married to the most romantic man on earth and he would do just about anything for me. Truly. We're used to spending every moment together when he's not at work. But, seminary has brought new challenges into our marriage. All that wonderful together time? Not so much anymore. Especially not when he has a paper due, as he did midnight last night. I've really not seen him too much for the past week.

So loving my husband this week meant leaving him alone. It meant not complaining that he spent so much time in the library. It meant not pressuring him to blow off his paper to hang out with me. It meant keeping the house as quiet as possible yesterday and it meant not getting this post up at midnight as I usually do. He was in our home office working hard and I chose to give him total solitude instead of blogging. Not a big deal really - but I think it meant a lot to him. Lastly - loving him meant proof reading his paper - even though the topic was 10,000,000 miles over my head!

How did you love your husband this week?

©2009 Living By Faith

15 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for entering me:-) Sometimes not doing something is even more challenging. I know John appreciates your attempt to make his studies go even more smoothly:-) See you soon!

Sarah Ann said...

Good for you, Lauren!! I know it must be hard, but you are a great wife!

Jenny said...

i know EXACTLY what you mean! i'm giving my hubby that kind of love RIGHT NOW! he's in the office working away! and the proof-reading... been there, done that! i'm just glad i didn't have to tell him what it was all about when i was done reading :-)

Olivia said...

thanks for sharing this. this is a constant struggle of mine...

Two Hearts for Africa said...

Been there through 5 degrees with my hubby, and know he is loving me in that way! Thanks for reminding me how special that kind of love is!

Jayme said...

Right there with you! Bryan finished this quarter last night and starts again next week! I've found that if i let him have his time to get work done without pressuring him to hurry or spend time with me then he is much more relaxed when we do spend time together!

Alison said...

Girl, I remember those days of loving Jody through seminary...it was tough at times! He was already working in ministry, new church, 3 very small children, and lots of late nights studying, reading and writing papers. BUT, we all survived, thankfully! God is good!

Alicia said...

I love that you chose not to blog even though you probably could have. I know my husband loves it when I'm paying attention to him and not the computer.

Kristin said...

I think that's what true love is all about.....knowing exactly what your spouse needs at that time. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I am sure he totally appreciated your quietness around the house for him to get his work done. So how was the paper?

Ashley said...

Lauren,

I would absolutely love to connect with you more!!! We have so much in commom!

Do you have skype? I'd love to chat sometime!

-Ashley

Kelly said...

That's what love is all about! Great job girl!!

Linda said...

Great post!!
Blessings.

Traci Michele said...

Sometimes doing nothings but smiling without complaining is the BEST GIFT our husbands could receive from us! Thank you :-)

My Link: Better late than never, right? hehe

2003beachbunch said...

Sometimes doing "nothing" is the hardest thing of all! Great job!!