6.08.2010

To Love Their Husbands Tuesdays: why he's worth all the love I can give...

Tuesdays seem to roll around so fast for me! But, here we are again - another Tuesday to share the ways we love our husband's in a 110% kind of way! : )

This week I felt like I failed. I didn't do anything wrong - I just didn't do much. I was thinking to myself, "how on earth am I going to write this post tomorrow? What will I say? I didn't do anything great for John this week..." But then I realized that it's okay. We all have weeks like that. Last week I was pretty sick. Most of you know about my endometriosis (you can click here for more info about what that is.) I had a rough patch Tues - Thurs and didn't do a whole lot other than lie around. Then the weekend came and things got busy. Then Monday came and I had plans with 2 marvelous friends... and during this whole time I've been gearing up for our yard sale on Saturday. I just want to encourage you - if you've had days or weeks like mine that's alright! Things happen that are out of our control. I felt pretty bad until I realized that I needed to be happy, not guilty. I am now looking back in sweetness, recalling all the ways my husband loved and cared for me... knowing that I get to do the same for him... 

He called me periodically through the day to make sure I was okay.
He didn't say one little thing about the fact that the dishes weren't done and the laundry hadn't been washed.
He told me not to feel guilty for laying in bed all day Wednesday.
He went out and got me dinner late Tuesday night when I just didn't feel well enough to fix something myself.
He rubbed my back, got me medicine, and didn't complain when I got up several times in the night.
On Monday he insisted on dropping me off at Heather's because we had plans. She lives 45 min away - and he would have to pick me up later in the day - but he wanted to spend time with me and have a chance to talk... I loved that!
When we got home after my day with the girls I found that the yard had been mowed and the house had been cleaned top to bottom... and he had done laundry!
THEN I went out back and discovered that he had added compost to my garden, watered it, and tied the tomato plant to a stake because my contraption wasn't working.

 John, you are amazing. Being your wife is the deepest honor and blessing God has ever given me. It's a gift that I'm sure I don't deserve. Your love is my treasure. I cherish you. Thank you for loving me in every season. My love for you will never end... and just you wait - I'm dreaming up ways to show my adoration and appreciation right now! ; )

"Many waters cannot quench love, not can floods drown it."
Song of Solomon 8:7 

Link up below with your mushy gushy post! : )
 ©2009 Living By Faith

17 comments:

Leah said...

Your reverence for your hubby is one of the truest displays of your love for him. You clearly adore him and make him out to sound like the best man on earth! He is blessed to have you as his wife.

Kristin said...

That is so awesome, Lauren!! Tucker is going to be so blessed to have two parents who deeply love each other the way the two of you do!!

Bina said...

That's a beautiful testimony... :)

Heather said...

The beginning of your post sounds a lot like the start of mine! I didn't feel like I had done much either. John was a busy man yesterday! I think he loooooves you:-)

Traci Michele said...

See! This is what marriage is about. Loving the other person 100% without expectations. You've been loving on him and it is a natural flow from his heart to love right back at you 100%! Amen :-)

When one down the other can sharpen and lift the other spouse up.

Praise the Lord!

3 Blessings said...

Such a sweet post and so filled with love.
Blessings,
Amy

Kelly said...

I completely understand weeks like that! This is such a sweet post!

Homemaker Honey said...

Love this! Thank you for encouraging us to do this.

I hope you will link up with my HELLO, HANDSOME! Blog Party

http://www.homemakerhoney.com/2010/05/hello-handsome-blog-party.html

Blessings,
Deborah
Homemaker Honey
homemakerhoney.com
deborah@homemakerhoney.com
Twitter: Homemaker_Honey

Jenn said...

I love this post!! I think it's great that your husband returns the love to you just as you give to him! Tucker is very blessed to have such loving parents!!

Missie said...

beautiful!

Alicia said...

I love how you both love on each other!!!! You are such a sweet couple!!! I can imagine how many people you both bless!!!!

Becca Harley said...

love the way that you too know the other needs you - what a blessing God has given you! I, too, have been struggling with Endo.for almost 20 years - I feel your pain (literally:). Praying for you
becca
ourjourneyto6.blogspot.com

emmy-pie lovely . . . said...

a beautiful post, clearly an awesome relationship you two have, what a blessing!

Jim and April said...

aww...that is beautiful what you wrote him and so sweet what he did for you! I love reading about other couples that are so in love!

ModernMom said...

Sounds like you found some good ol mush stuff to say about your Hubby afterall. My sister has endo too. I have seen that pain. Hope you are feeling better now:)

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh girly...I am so sorry that you were not feeling well. What a sweet man you have to take such good care of you too. You both are the best example of loving your spouse.

Veronica said...

Since this is my first Tuesday here at your blog, I just have to say that I love this idea of honoring your husband. I have found it more of a challenge to give my Hubby what he deserves now that we have three children. Every day we're growing and I'm hoping that these will be our best years.

This was such a neat post and I look forward to reading more. Sounds like you have a beautiful marriage! :)