6.29.2010

To Love Their Husbands Tuesdays: sacrifices and a break

 Well it's Tuesday again and time to share ways we show our husbands that we love them! This will be my last "To Love Their Husbands Tuesday" link up for the summer. I'll contemplate bringing it back in the fall, but for now I'm putting it on the shelf. Of course, I'll still be striving to go out of my way to show love to John and I hope you will continue with your husbands. But I need to free myself up a little bit because our summer schedule is insane!!

So, here's my last blurb for the summer and it's short and sweet...

How did I love John today??? I let him have the bigger cobs of corn. : ) Seriously!

We went to the beach today (we've decided that Monday is our beach day and it's marvelous.) On the way home we stopped at a local farmers market to buy peaches to eat in the car. We left with a basket full of peaches and fresh sweet corn. yummmm So tonight we grilled chicken and I sliced up some tomatoes and cucumbers from our garden. I cooked the corn and oh my gracious it smelled heavenly! So when we sat down to eat it was very tempting to take the larger cobs - but I restrained myself and took the attitude that true love wants the other person to have the best... so I took the smaller cobs.

Very noble of me, wasn't it?? : ) How about you? Link up below!
 ©2009 Living By Faith

10 comments:

Heather said...

haha! This makes me laugh, but it's so true...like when I scoop out the icecream and I reeeeaaally want the one that has more of the good stuff mixed in. I usually give it to Jason:-)

Angie said...

lol...this is so true. And funny how the little things like this are the ones that make a difference. and we totally understand about this being your last post on this linky group for a while. You have plenty going on! :) And great things are coming your way, Lauren!!!

Missie said...

Beautiful!

Amy said...

You are so sweet! I definitely take the bigger dessert most of the time! :)

Alicia said...

Aww!! That is sweet, Lauren!!!!

emmy-pie lovely . . . said...

i love the simplicity of this post, it is so honest and a simple gesture of love. very sweet indeed.

Sara said...

Simply sweet! Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a delightful spot to slip off my shoes and drench myself in goodness.

Splashin,
Sara

Kelly said...

That's so sweet! I try to do the same thing for Jacob- sometimes he notices and sometimes not. It makes me feel good either way! :)

I agree the summer is so busy- hope you start it back up in the fall!

2003beachbunch said...

You are cracking me up and yes it was very generous of you :-)

Warren Baldwin said...

You have some very good posts on marriage.

Next year I am going to do a series of guest posts on the theme "Tips for Marriage." I will ask each contributor to do just a one or two paragraph post on a tip or teaching they received in life that has had a positive impact on their marriage. You can have a link to connect back to your blog, and you could even mention and provide a link to your online store. Would you be interested in doing that? I'm lining up guest posters (is that correct word for guest writers?) now.

I'm leaving this request on the blog b/c I sent you an email about a book review and don't know if you got it.

Warren
Family Fountain