6.21.2010

Yard Sale #2 Results

First of all, let me say that GOD IS GOOD!! And He was just as good last weekend as this weekend... He never changes... but I do a LOT of changing (which is a very good thing!) If you remember from my post reporting on our first yard sale I was discouraged. We didn't make as much as I had hoped, but I think what had me the most bummed was that no one seemed to care about our adoption. No one noticed the signs, and those who were told (the ones trying to talk us wayyy down on prices) weren't interested and didn't care. So, I asked you all to pray and so many of you did... for which I am eternally grateful.

I also did NO WORK all week. Seriously. People gave a TON more items for the sale and they just got put in the garage. I didn't sort through anything or price anything. I literally didn't worry about the 2nd yard sale ONCE last week. Before the first one I worked my rear off all week and fretted over things almost every day. None of that this time around. I had family in town and I just spent every day spending time with and enjoying them.

We still got up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning to set up. My new and wonderful friend Chloe met us there at 6am to help us set up!! I am SO thankful because it was a HUGE help!! Chloe - you are simply fabulous!!

So, how did round 2 go? Ummmm - AMAZING! We had about the same number of people show up BUT nearly every single person noticed the signs and asked us all about the adoption. Most people gave an extra donation even if it was only $5. Every one said they thought it was wonderful and wished us luck. I have to point out that I made no changes to the signs... the same ones that were there the first time were up the second. It was as if God took the blinders off these people and opened their eyes and hearts. I truly believe that's what happened. Thank you - from the bottom of my heart - for your prayers... I wish I could hug each and every one of you and look you in the eyes and express my gratitude. Truly.

Our total was: $626... which means between both yard sales we made $1,063!! Isn't God GREAT?!

I also feel the need to share that God has provided for us in miraculous ways throughout this whole journey. If I had my way we would have had all the money together up front. But God has asked us to trust and lean on Him. It's a hard lesson to learn, but a very necessary one. HE has provided the amount we've needed for each payment as we've needed it. Not before and not after. So, we now have enough money for the payment that comes with our referral... hmmm... might we be getting that call soon???

Since we've watched the power of prayer in our life this week I am all ready to get to it again. Will you please pray with us that we would get our referral call very soon? I am so ready to see that little face!

(ps - I've been doing some work in in Tucker's room and can't wait to post pictures soon!!) 

©2009 Living By Faith

29 comments:

emmy-pie lovely . . . said...

God is great!!!

Kristin said...

Amen, amen, amen!!! This post brought tears to my eyes! I love to see God's faithfulness to answer our prayers, especially when we step back and give it all to Him! I will be praying for your referral! I can't wait to see Tucker's room :)

Brittany said...

Wow! He is SO good! I am so glad to hear that people noticed the signs and understood it was so much more than just a yard sale! I'm also glad that you got to spend time with your family :). I will be praying for your referral!!

Barbie said...

Oh yes! God is so good. This is fabulous! I am praying the call comes soon!

Alicia said...

God is so amazing, isn't He? Wow! His timing is always perfect. What a great reminder for us that He is always in control. This will be such a blessing to read about years from now, because it will remind you of how He was there every step of the way!!

I'll be praying for the referral!

D said...

WOW. That is amazing. I cannot wait to see photos of Tucker's room!!! I'm sure it looks great!

Brantley and Richard said...

This is so encouraging, thank you for posting this! We're having our adoption yard sale on July 31st and I was a little down about it... but you've given me a lot of encouragement for the upcoming month of preparation! God is GOOD!

Jenny said...

so glad that you've got all you need for the referral now!!! praise the Lord!

Missie said...

Amen! That is so awesome! I am excited to see Tucker's room!

Carrie said...

Beautiful! I prayed for you and Tucker this morning on my way to work...it made me feel better about the fact our car wouldn't start and I had to borrow a truck to get to work on time...lovely things vehicles. :)
I am so excited for you and your family; cannot wait until you receive your call!
Blessings,
Carrie

Lara said...

I thought of you Saturday night and said a prayer. God is faithful!

He & Me + 3 said...

Lauren,

That is so awesome! I am so glad that the yard sale went well. Woo hoo. God is good. Hope that call comes soon.
Can't wait to see those pictures. I love your decorating style.

Heather said...

Yay!!! I wanted to call and see how it went but I knew Saturday evening you would be so tired and Sunday was Father's Day...I hope that you got some rest and enjoyed your weekend! I can't wait to see what you've done to Tucker's room! Let me know if you still wanted to get together sometime this week:-) Lu lu lu you!

Amy said...

I am so glad to hear that it went well. I think it is time for some boy referrals too!!!

Amy said...

I'm so excited for y'all! I completely understand what it is like for God to give us what we need as we need it ~ we have walked that out in regards to our day-to-day needs, & God proved Himself to be faithful. You are right, He never changes ~ He changes us! I know you'll get that call soon!

Darcie said...

Lauren,

Since I have been missing from blog land I had to do a little catching up, but I am so glad for the amazing results this weekend. One step closer every day!

Jim and April said...

WOW! So happy Lauren! I understand the whole sign/asking about adoption thing...b/c we actually did get to share quite a bit and got quite a bit of just "donations" and if we hadn't i think I would have been bummed too! So glad God brought you people that cared this weekend!

I am SUPER excited to see TUcker's room! We are almost finished with our baby's nursery and once the bedding/valances come in, I will take pics too and show you all!

Emily said...

That's so great Lauren! I was just saying to Tom yesterday how I couldn't wait to see what your blog said today about the yard sale on Saturday!

Kelly said...

I am just thrilled how the Lord worked and provided!!! He is so good! :)

JillAileenJones said...

God is so good. I was so excited to see how He has worked through each step of this journey for you all so far. I wish that when I am in the middle of a situation like this that I could stop and remember it for the next time I am in a similar situation that how His timing is perfect-that sometimes when I think He isn't listening or answering my prayers that He is and is answer might be-be still and know that I am God and I will provide for your every need if you only trust me. I get so anxious at times that I miss the blessings along the way because I am too focused on the final outcome and not the journey.
So glad that you are able to enjoy the journey and that you are able to see the many blessings of how He is providing for your son-congrats!
Can't wait to see photos of the room.
Blessings
Jill

Sarah Ann said...

That is SO awesome! I have been praying for you guys and I'm just so excited that this yard sale went well! God is so good!

Kate said...

Hooray!! I had goosebumps reading your post!! I am so happy for you all!!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that it went well for you!

Kristen Love said...

Praise God that the sale went well and people "got it" this weekend :-)
I will keep praying for you!
Love,
Kristen

Chloƫ said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this God story! I firmly believe that when we're thoroughly bummed and despairing over something God "didn't" do, He's merely smiling in heaven saying "But watch what I WILL do."

Awesome, awesome.

And again, it was my absolute pleasure to help. Anytime. :)

Brookie said...

I'm so glad to hear about your success with the yard sale, Lauren. I'm also glad your heart was nurtured by the second batch of shoppers.
You and John remain in my prayers in this process.

Anna Baur said...

That is so great! :)

Rachel said...

Awesome!! God IS good!! Can't wait to see pictures of the room!! =)

Kassie said...

I'm so happy for you! God is SO good!