7.19.2010

What a week!

Hello again blog friends! I've missed you!! I had an interesting week - several extremely HIGH points and a few very low ones. For today, lets focus on the great stuff! : )

Last week was our summer blast 2010 with our Youth Group. It was perfectly named because it was a blast!

We kicked things off with a cookout at our house after church last Sunday.

Monday we had pizza at the church and then we all piled into cars and went to play putt putt golf. After that it was back to church for an ice cream social, devotional time, and hilarious games.

Tuesday brought a cookout at the Flood's - 3 of our teens live 1 street behind have a great house for this stuff! We had a great devotional about JOY from one of our great leaders, David. Then we headed off to the ice rink to play broom hockey. If you've never played this you must! It's hilarious and so much fun! I got a little into it and wound up with a mild concussion. (I think) I went for a ball in the goal and hit my head really hard on the large metal goal post. It hurt but about an hour later when we were back at the church I got really nauseous all of a sudden and decided to go home. My ears were still ringing and I had a big lump on my head. My head and right side of my face hurt for the next couple days! I also had bruises on my shins and one on my shoulder. But, remember - totally worth it! (well... maybe not the concussion...)



Wednesday was our usual church night - just extended. We started an hour early for a pizza party and then played games for a while and had an AWESOME and convicting message about forgiving others. Then we all headed into the gym for sports until about 11pm!



Thursday was ALL DAY AT BUSCH GARDENS!!! It was so so so much fun but Oh my Goodness it was HOT!! It got to be over 100 degrees! I love roller coasters - so I had a great time on the rides! The last one was not so great... it was really jerky and halfway through the ride I banged my head and we were going around the loop and I blacked out! Crazy! I remember thinking "I cannot believe I am about to pass out on a roller coaster!" Thankfully it was just for a moment. But I didn't go on anymore rides after that. I think my head needs a break for awhile!



Friday was a beach day and then back to the church for an all night lock in. We had the wii out in one room, games in the hall, a movie in the auditorium, sports in the parking lot, and hide and seek ALL over the church! At 11pm we split up the guys and girls and both groups had devotional time. Us girls talked about being a woman of God and covered things like gossip, modesty, bitterness, and judgment. It was a great discussion that lasted 1 1/2 hours!! From what I heard, the guys time was just as great! I finally went home at 5:30am and John came home at 9:30am. We slept well into the afternoon then just laid around and watched movies until it was time to go back to bed.



Yes, it was one FANTASTIC week!! : ) I love our Youth Group!!!!!

 (silly faces are the best)

©2009 Living By Faith

20 comments:

4 Blessings said...

Sounds like A LOT of fun!
Hugs,
Amy

Kristin said...

I just know that you must be a huge blessing in these kids' lives, Lauren! Girl, you need to wear a helmet next time y'all have a youth week! LOL!!! :D Just Kidding!

Michelle (michabella) said...

What a FUN and Blessed week/end!!!! <333

Heather said...

Yay! Glad you're back:-) I need to see you in person now though...I mean neeeed! I always black out on Alpengeist, so I don't ride it anymore! Was that the one you were on? That would be crazy if it was! Lu you!

Kate said...

Awesome! Sometimes I miss being a youth minister's wife! Working with adults just isn't the same! So glad the girls and guys have you all to lead them in living Godly lives!

Whitney said...

everyone had a blast it sounds like! glad it went so well.

Alison said...

FUN!! Looks like it was a great week!!

Monica said...

Oh my goodness! So much fun but how exhausting! It would take me a week to recoup from that one! Before my husband was pastor he was a youth pastor. It does take a lot of energy. Times they will always remember!

Alicia said...

So fun!!! I love our youth group at our church too. Very similar to what your kids did!! It's a great way for the kids to be in fellowship with each other, and to also have the kids get to know each other better!!

I can't believe you blacked out on a roller coaster. Scary!!! I love Busch Gardens! My mom's side of the family live in Virginia, and I will never forget The Lochness Monster ride!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh that brings back memories from when i was in youth group. So much fun. Love the last picture of you being headlocked by john. Fun

Missie said...

What a great week and great discussions!
P.s. I gave you a blog award, check out my latest blog post!

Missie said...

What a great week and great discussions!
P.s. I gave you a blog award, check out my latest blog post!

Critty said...

Sounds like a really fun week!! Well except the whole you being hurt thing. I hope you are feeling much better!

Your youth group sounds amazing and I am glad they can have such fun together and also discuss the big things.

autumn lindsay said...

Sounds like a great week! I loved being in a youth group and this post brought back memories.

Kassie said...

What a FUN week!

Jim and April said...

wow girl, sounds like you and your youth have had an awesome week! :0) broom hockey looks like a lot of fun!

Anne said...

Wow! Sounds like a crazy week. Looks like so much fun. It's awesome that you all give up so much of your time to invest in these kids, and it's so cool to read what God is doing through that!

Chloƫ said...

that does sound like a great week :] glad to have you back though!

Sarah Ann said...

OH my goodness! I hope your concussion is better :) And your week sounds just awesome! I'm glad your back to blogging this week!

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

What fun! I've never heard of a youth group doing a week long program like this. Way cool!


:) :) :)