8.03.2010

Changes ... maybe... probably...

 Happy August everyone! Wow - can that be right? It's August? Well, you may or may not have noticed that I've been posting a little less frequently and I haven't been around blog world much at all over the last few weeks. I thought about saying "I'm so sorry! I'll be by to comment on all your posts soon!" but then I realized that I would be apologizing for living life and that would be silly!

That's pretty much exactly where I've been - off living life. I've found that things have taken a bit of a turn for me and I'm not sure where my blog is going to fall in all of this. When I was working I had hours a day to sit at my computer and type up blog posts. It was one of the only things that kept me from losing my mind out of boredom! Then I stopped working and took a little breather - still had time to blog. Then I started to realize that hmm - maybe I'm slightly addicted to the internet. So I let go of facebook and have never once regretted it. Then I decided to significantly cut back on the amount of time I spend on the computer.

God has been doing a work in my life over the past month. My heart and dreams have been expanded to broader horizons. There's so much I want to do that won't leave as much time for blogging and my thought it honestly... oh well!

I plan to share little by little as the weeks go by. First off, I am NOT getting rid of my blog but I will be posting less frequently and I won't be on to comment and read other blogs as much either. I am fully aware that this means I will lose followers... that's okay with me. I love and appreciate all of you, but certainly understand if you need to leave.

I am taking some time to ponder the "style" of this blog. We are getting closer and closer to having Tucker home and I may want to turn it into a mixture of a family blog with a splash of what God's been teaching us along the way. We'll see. There could be changes coming...

Also - we are leaving on Sunday for a much needed vacation to Illinois. I haven't seen my grandparents (who I am extremely close to) in almost 3 years. I burst into tears over my pancakes yesterday when my beautiful husband told me we could drive the 15 hours to see them for the whole week! So - I will  not be blogging next week unless something incredibly amazing happens (like, I don't know... a referral or something...) :P

Coming this week is a post about Billy - one of our youth group helpers. He just graduated last year and is a blast... I promised him I would post about him when he found out I had a blog! haha


©2009 Living By Faith

17 comments:

Tracy said...

Good for you, sweetie. Listen to Him. He knows where He needs you. I am all for that.

You are precious. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Debbie said...

How wonderful that you will be visiting your grandparents. I'm sure they are just as excited to see you. I understand about blogging. However, right now I'm working from home online so it's keeping me sane. :) I guess there really are seasons in our lives.

I look forward to what the Lord has for you in the future. I hope you will keep us posted.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

ANGIE said...

Lauren, it is great that you are taking time for yourself and to visit the family! Have fun at the grandparents. I am sure they will be thrilled to see you! Big hugs.

Rachel said...

It's wonderful that you are being sensitive to the Lord's leading in every area....even blogging! I KNOW that the Lord will continue to use you whether here on your blog or elsewhere! Have a wonderful time w/ family this week!

Amy said...

Girl, you just do what you need to do! A lot of why I don't post much & don't have many followers is because I'm living life! Not to sound like I'm all that ~ I just know that part of blogging is reading other blogs & commenting, and it can become somewhat of a game that you feel like you have to play just right! As Christians, we should do what we do to bring glory to God, and I know that is your heart! So bring Him glory by doing what you feel He is leading you to do! I hope you have a wonderful visit with your grandparents!

Our Family said...

I am so glad that you are allowing God to work in your heart & in your life!
Jessica

Kristin said...

I think you've totally got the right idea about blogging. It's not about followers, it's about living life and having the blog is just a way to journal those special moments. I'm not going anywhere though, because I can't wait to see and hear all about Tucker! Hope you have a great vacation!!

Veronica said...

I hear ya on where you're at with blogging lately. I feel the exact same way. it's not that I don't care about my bloggy friends, I just don't have as much time to devote to sitting at the computer. I love that you're listening to the Lord and making adjustments where they're needed.

I think the new direction you're headed in with your blog will be great. You have every right to make this blog be about what you want it to be. Besides the Lord, family is everything! Have a wonderful vacation! :)

Alison said...

Love that you are following God in exactly what HE wants you to do in this upcoming season of your life! I'll definitely keep following your blog!! :)

Alicia said...

Lauren, that is totally understandable. I found myself not being able to blog on Saturday, and realized later that it wasn't a big deal. Life does come first, and when I have something to blog about, I will (if I do have the time). But, I will not unfollow you!! Love visiting your blog! And, how awesome about visiting your grandma! Have a wonderful time!

Mrs Montoya said...

I love your sweet spirit. Have a wonderful time with your Grandparents. I'll definitely be here when you get back. Be well

He & Me + 3 said...

I have missed you...but I totally understand. YOu are such a sweetie and your heart for the Lord is refreshing.
I hope that you enjoy your time with your grandparents.
I will be here when you get back. :)
Hugs,
Mimi

Kimmie said...

Hi Lauren;

Miss you. Hope we can still be friends and I pray that God speaks to you and directs your path deeper into His purpose for your life.

May your holiday be blessed and your visit with your grandparents be sweet.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

kara with a k said...

You have to do what's best for you, and if that means blogging less you should go for it. Not that you needed my go ahead or anything.

I've felt that pressure before to blog daily, and sometimes life just doesn't allow it. I'm trying to learn to not feel guilty about it.

Have an awesome time visting with your grandparents!!

Warren Baldwin said...

Wise choices. I've cut way back, too.

Carrie said...

I can understand this..have been doing some of this myself. I used to have a different blog that I still have but I posted a lot more, and I still do but I am using it for our family scrap book. So when I created the blog I have now I made it for more reaching out, ministering, and also keeping friends/family updated. I love to keep in touch with other adopted families and blogging is such a great way to do it. We don't have a lot of other families in our area so this has been wonderful. Prayers are with you and your decisions.

Melinda said...

I'll miss your presence in the blog world but totally understand your reasons for stepping back. The internet has a way of sucking you right in! Hope you have a wonderful trip to see your grandparents!! And like so many others, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear about a referral!!