8.19.2010

feeling crafty

I was feeling super productive and crafty the other day so I decided not to waste a moment of inspiration! A marvelous trip to hobby lobby in Illinois (we don't have one) got me these table trays, scrapbook paper, paint, and mod podge...


So I painted each one a different color...

 then I mod podged the scrapbook paper to the bottom of each tray...



and then stacked them on my coffee table...


 I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I am considering changing the brown to mustard yellow - but we'll see.

I also saw all the adorable refashioned t-shirts here and just had to try my own. I had a plain pink t-shirt in my dresser that I rarely wear. I also had some cute fabric from The Fabric Store that just happened to coordinate well with the pink. I thought it over for awhile and decided to make a bib shirt with some pleating and buttons. I also had ribbon left from a marvelous trip to a quaint little shop with Heather. Cut off the sleeves, put it all together and this is what I came up with...



I love it and wore it that very night to church! : )


So there you have it ... that's what happens when I get the itch to be creative! I also got the laundry and dishes done as well as baked a pizza for my husband for lunch! I feel pretty good about my day! :P


©2009 Living By Faith

15 comments:

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

oh I love what you made! The trays are ADORABLE! I love when I get the crafty feeling!!

Jenny said...

SUPER impressive!!!

Kristin said...

So cute! I love your shirt!

Amy said...

The trays are too cute, & I LOVE the shirt!!

Heather said...

LOVE it all!!! The trays turned out exactly how you described that you wanted them! The shirt is adorable...and the blog-made by lex-I'm dying over. Lu you and can't wait to see you TODAY!!

Our Bigg Family said...

Cute and clever!! I love one of a kind clothing!!! = )

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Love it!! Isn't creating so much fun. I love how you stacked the trays like you did... SO pretty! :)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love the trays. What great colors.

Jayme said...

Lauren, You have to check out this link http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/
This girl is "refurbishing" a dress a day for a year! Full of clothing project inspiration! Hope you and John are doing well!

4 Blessings said...

Impressive girl! Hope you are doing well. Been praying for you during your time of waiting. It won't be long now. Hugs and blessings to you and John.
:)Amy

Jim and April said...

aww...your so crafty girl! love the table trays! we have a hobby lobby down the road and i LOVE it!

Caroline said...

You said Hobby Lobby!!! Another reason why I'm excited we're moving to NE, HOBBY LOBBY! :) Your craftiness is so cute. I love your trays!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMword...look at you go. I Love it.

Monika said...

Hi Lauren,
I have to say your new design of your blog is so wonderfull!!! And your crafty time - good job!

Darla said...

loving the new look of the blog!!