9.08.2010

love letter pillow


I saw this adorable idea here and knew I just had to make my own! If you've been reading my blog for any length of time you know that I am crazy about my husband. It's true. 5 years of marriage and we're still madly in love. You may also know that I love to do little things to show him how much he means to me and adore new ideas. So the love letter pillow idea is just a delight to me!

What I did is find (in my scrap bin) a piece of fabric that's similar to the fabric of a decorative pillow I already have on our bed. Then I hemmed all 4 edges so it wouldn't fray. Next I found (in my scrap bin again) a coordinating fabric to use for the letters. I just drew letters by hand and then cut them out individually with scissors. I pinned them on the fabric I had just hemmed so they were arranged exactly how I wanted them and then I outlined each letter with my sewing machine. I didn't fray-check the edges because I like how it's looks when they fray. Kind of rustic and cute. I then pinned my love square to the pillow and hand-stitched the bottom and 2 sides to the pillow. I left the top open to create a pocket.

This is the most important part: I wrote a love letter to my husband, folded it up, and put it in the pocket. He had a sweet surprise waiting for him when he got home from work.

This is such a wonderful way to keep the romance going strong. The other day I came into the bedroom and saw this...


... my own little love letter from John. That sight makes me giddy with joy!

©2009 Living By Faith

14 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

So cute! I love that idea! <333

Kristin said...

What a great idea! Love that picture of the love letter sticking out. Y'all are too sweet!! :)

Venessa said...

That is a really cute idea! I love the pillow, it is really cute!

Laura said...

what an adorable idea!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh what a great idea. I LOVE it! Totally have too maybe steal the idea. :)

Janet said...

What a thoughtful idea! I think this one will make it on my project list... which is getting insanely long!

Critty said...

Okay. This is just too cute! And you can now go back and forth with the letters. Swoon. :o)

Louisiana Tara said...

Oh, Lauren, that is SO sweet!!! I'm learning to sew so when I finally get good enough, I might have to make one of these for my hubby, too!

Ooh, and how sweet would this be for a child? Like the pillow says "cherish" or something like that and you can stick notes for your child in there? So sweet! :)

Alison said...

SO cute! Ya'll are just the sweetest couple! Ya'll are going to be such wonderful parents!! Can't wait!!!

Kate said...

What a great idea!!

Our Bigg Family said...

Love it!!! What a great idea!! My hubs is so good about leaving little notes in the morning for me or sending randoming text messages. This would be a great way for me to stop and think about doing the same!

Amy said...

I love it!! What a great idea! :)

Leah said...

So cute! I may have to borrow that idea! ;-)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

This is a great idea, and one way that I can show my husband I love him in a very tangible way...

Love is a beautiful gift from above. I've never known so much love in all my life. I told my daddy the other day, "I didn't know people loved me this much."

What grace!

peace~elaine