9.20.2010

miscellany monday: oh Tucker...


It's miscellany monday over at Carissa's! 

{1} We are currently #8 on the waiting list for Tucker... we've been #8 since August 20th... nobody in front of us has gotten a referral in whole month. Trying to be patient, but oh this slow period is testing me in new ways!

{2} I've been nesting up a storm... which means he's got to be close to coming home, right?? We had a kitchen re-do and I completely rearranged Tucker's nursery and added some things...
(my great grandfather made the tiny rocking chair and I sewed and monogrammed the itty bitty pillow)



We're going to add some bunting above his crib, a bookshelf to the wall, some toy baskets beneath the bookshelf, and a big rocking chair for mommy in the empty corner by the closet... I'm also planning to remove the closet doors and hang a brown damask curtain instead. The doors are so loud and the curtain will be super pretty. Vintage nursery pictures are being framed to go up too! I have another baby shower coming up in November and will hopefully get his bedding then! :)

{3} I opened my very own online boutique last week! Poppie Lane sells accessories handmade by yours truly and all the profits go to bring home Tucker! I have my own site here and I also put my things on Etsy here!


{4} I starting gasping, moaning, almostkillingmyself running last week! Friends from church just gave us a treadmill for free. I decided it was time to work on getting in shape. So far I can only go 1 1/4 miles... and my calves are burning!!

{5} I'm working on some wedding gifts (one couple married in May, the other two getting married in October) that I'm so excited about that I might need to make them for us too! :P I can't share them until after the weddings because the brides all read my blog! Sorry Meg, Katie, and Leecey... you'll just have to be patient! ; )

Who else is so happy fall is finally arriving?? Who else is so happy that October is almost here?? September is my least favorite month of the year... Pumpkins pumpkins here I come!

©2009 Living By Faith

15 comments:

Natalie said...

tucker's room is coming along so adorably! i can't wait to see it all finished w/ him in the crib : )

Jenny said...

MAYBE by your next shower you'll have a PICTURE of Tucker!!!! THAT would be amazing and awesome!!! LOVE his nursery!

Amy said...

Praying that referrals start pouring in so you can hold sweet Tucker soon! His room looks super cute!

Alicia said...

Wow..#8!! That is exciting. He'll be home before you know it, my friend!!

And I love the idea about the curtain replacing the doors!!

What a blessing about the treadmill!!!!!!!

Kristin said...

Love the nursery and the little pillow you made and everything!!

Two Hearts for Africa said...

You are such a busy lady!!! Makes the time go by and by!! We are getting closer!

Lara said...

That darn waitlist is sure moving slooow. Hopefully once October comes and the rainy season is over it will pick up? I just KNOW you will be the next person to get a referral out of the blogs I follow.

He & Me + 3 said...

I love fall so I am way excited. Love the nursery and that little rocking chair is precious. Yeah for your new shop. I need to head over and shop sometime. Finding time...:)

Janet said...

Oh, referral come quickly!!! Praying for a productive, blessed, uplifting, growing, exciting and heart-preparing wait. LOVE the nursery for little Tucker!

Page said...

What a super cute blog you have! I am linking from Miscellany Monday. I love the sweet nursery and what adorable things you have in your Etsy shop!

Critty said...

I am sorry things are going slowly.

His nursery however is adorable. :o)

Loving your shop!

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

i'm so sorry it's been forever since i've been by! i adore your new blog design... sarah did a fabulous job; she's my real life friend and is a sweetie!

i'll be praying that the referrals get a move on!!! tucker's nursery is precious; i can't wait to see pics of him in it! : ) the lil' rocker is so adorable and the pillow you made is priceless.

i love the name of your shop. all of your creations are gorgeous! when i read that infant bands are available i got all excited!!! i'll be ordering one hopefully soon!

blessings to you!

Our Bigg Family said...

Love to read your posts and enjoy seeing all your creativity. Praying those numbers move!!

Joyeful said...

Tucker's room is just ADORABLE, Lauren!! I love that tiny rocking chair and the little high chair and the colors and EVERYTHING! :)

TorahGirl said...

It is so great to find your blog! We began our wait 8/08! We leave in two days for our trip to Ethiopia to meet our twin boy and girl 4mo old. I can't wait to read the rest of your God story! The wait was hard but the time since our referal has been so worth it! :) Kimberly