9.22.2010

show hope

I had today's post all planned out... I was going to finally post pictures of the kitchen re-do. Complete before and after. And it was going to be awesome. BUT that was before I got home from the grocery store yesterday - and opened the mailbox - and set the groceries on the floor - and saw the words "Show Hope" in the corner of an envelope.

Yes I planned the kitchen post before I sat down on the couch with a beating heart and opened the envelope with slightly shaky hands... to pull out a letter that made me instantly burst into tears, get on my knees right then and just whisper "thank you God..."

We applied for an adoption grant from Show Hope (Stephen Curtis Chapman's organization) back in May. We were told we would hear one way or the other by the end of August. Then we got a letter stating that it would be delayed because they had so many people apply for grants. They made it very clear that they awarded funds based on need and that they didn't have the money available to award something to every family.

I honestly expected the worst. I braced myself for a letter that stated we would get no money. I prepared for it as I opened that letter... but then I saw the words "we have awarded you ..."


God is so good. God knows just how much this adoption costs. He knows just how much we have left to raise. He knows all about it and He chose to give us enough to cover the rest of our first trip AND even some of our second! So, all we have left to raise is a little under $4,000 for our second trip. INCREDIBLE!!!

Today we are resting in the goodness and provision of our God. It seems that every single time I start to worry that we might not get all the funds together He does something like this. He knocks my flip flops right off...

Thank you so MUCH to Show Hope... helping us make a difference... helping us grow a family...

... my kitchen post seems a little silly now, eh?

©2009 Living By Faith

42 comments:

Brantley and Richard said...

Lauren! Your blog is always so inspiring and real. Your faith is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing... yet again... I know God led me to your blog, and I needed to read this post this morning! Thank you. I'm so happy for you guys, CONGRATS!

Leigh said...

AWESOME!!!! I am so happy for you two! Fundraising is so stressful and I know this is huge! Praising God with you friend!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Go God!! What a blessing, so happy for you!

Natalie said...

that is just amazing! Prise God for his provisions!

Michelle (michabella) said...

PRAISE GOD!!!! So happy for you guys!!!! He is so good! <333

Kelly Jo said...

God is soooo cool!!! :))

Jim and April said...

Ephesians 3:20! So happy for you girl! PRAISE GOD! That is so awesome yet SO LIKE GOD!

Shonni said...

Yea! What a gift and blessing!

Chloƫ said...

Oh how happy this makes my heart! I can't wait for you to bring sweet Tucker home, and apparently neither can Jesus :]

Monika said...

Wow, awesome, I´m so happy for you!!! I know I´m not on blogging world so often in these days, but I still think of you!!!

Lara said...

That is so wonderful! Praise God!

Kate said...

Congrats! And thank God for the Chapman's!!

Jenny said...

Praise the Lord! I was so excited to read those words too this summer! YAAAAAY!!!

Venessa said...

That is so awesome! What a wonderful gift! Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us! I know that I am so encouraged when I ready your blog.

Anna said...

what a blessing! They also helped us bring little G home! Just so so happy for yall!

Kim and Eric said...

Cold Chills! Thank you God for your blessings!!!

Ashley said...

I have love follow your story! What an amazing blessing!!! I'm praying for you and your baby boy!!!

Caroline said...

I teared up a bit just reading this!! I'm so excited for you all. I have seen Show Hope before and wondered if you two applied for it or not. :) I'm so excited for you!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! God is SO good!

Traci Michele said...

Love your new look Lauren! Sorry I haven't been by here in awhile.

How've you been?

I see you have an esty show. Would you be interested in advertising or doing a giveaway? Let me know :-)

http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

curly2880 at yahoo dot com

Love,
Traci

Kristin said...

SO awesome, Lauren!! I love it when God "knocks my flip flops off". Ha!!! Love it! You're so funny :D That's just wonderful and I'm so happy for you!!

Kayla said...

That's amazing! I'm so happy for you!

Praise God!

Amy said...

Yeah!!!! Praising God with you for His amazing provision! One step closer to Tucker!!
Love,
Amy

Alison said...

Yay!!! This is wonderful news!! Love seeing how God always provides for adoption!! So happy for ya'll!

Amy said...

How incredibly exciting!!! God is so good! :)

**I just had to share this: my word verification says "noneed"! Maybe it's God saying that there's no need He won't provide! or maybe there's no need to worry! Either way, I thought it was cool!

Shelley said...

Congratulations - that is such wonderful news! Praise God, and thank you for sharing His blessing on your family!

Whitney said...

hallelujah!!! It has taken me 3 attempts to read this post...but it was well worth the fight. :) I'm so thankful for that hug from our Father straight to you and John...and Tucker.

Critty said...

I so love when He does things like this. To show us He knows. He cares. His plan is perfect. Praising our God with you!!

Mom2many said...

Awwww, I just love the way God works and adoption is a miracle that is amazing affirmation of our Father's love. So happy for your family!

(If you need some inspiration while you wait...we have 12 blessings all under 12 and KNOW what it means to have a family by God's Design)

Alicia said...

That gave me the chills, Lauren!! God always knows how much we need! He is so awesome!! Thank you, Lord, for Your provision!!

Nicole said...

Amazing. God is great. So happy for you.

Jennie Allen said...

So exciting! I love that ministry- our good friends work there! Blessings to you in the journey- now comes the hardest part... waiting!!

e-Mom said...

Bless you for Asking, Seeking, and Knocking! Wonderful news!

e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Brittany said...

God is so good!! Congratulations!

Penelope said...

So happy for you!!! I've been following your journey for a while now. Your little man will meet his mommy soon!

Theresa Miller said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

CONGRATS!! God is so amazing!!

4 Blessings said...

Lauren,
that is FABULOUS news. I am so happy for you. God provides every step of the way. I cannot wait to see Baby Tucker...the child HE has always planned for you.
Blessings,
Amy

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

So, so happy for you!!

Wife to the Rockstar said...

SO awesome!!!!!!

twolittletots said...

that is wonderful news! so happy for you guys.

ps: love your new blog design as well...need to work on my blog!

Joyeful said...

I can't stop crying!!! I'm just so moved by how God has provided for you all!! This has been so miraculous to witness!! Praise God!!! He IS Good!