9.10.2010

yummy pesto pasta

 I, for one, am a great big fan of recipes that take approximately 10 minutes to throw together and happen to be delicious at the same time. Pesto with pasta is one of those marvelous things. This is a dinner that usually happens when I've forgotten to take meat out of the freezer or I don't feel like cooking a big meal. I can always whip it up as an afterthought because the ingredients are things we always have on hand... in the summer anyway.

Here's what you need:

2/3 - 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil 
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, peeled
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Throw it all in the blender or food processor and blend it up good! Mix it in with some cooked pasta (angel hair is our favorite) and set your table because dinner's ready! You can garnish it with basil leaves and a clump of cheese if you're a geek like me...


Bon Apetit! (to be said in a Julia Child voice) ;)


This post is linked up here:



©2009 Living By Faith

19 comments:

Heather said...

Yummy! You're up early:-) I've been wanting a good recipe for this-and can I please have your vest??

...::Heather @ Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

That looks delicious! I love quick, and easy meals. :)

Carrie said...

I make this too! In the summer i grow basil and then I make huge batches and freeze it so we can eat it all winter long. Throw some summer tomatoes in that and it is really good too. I also use it as pizza sauce, just skim some of the oil off after you defrost and it is yummy!

Amy said...

It looks yummy! I'll have to try it sometime! I LOVE quick dishes, too!

Kristin said...

That's a cute picture, Lauren! :)
That sounds like a yummy meal too!

Lara said...

Mmm I love pesto and quick cooking! And you look cute :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

Yum. I read that last line as "if your a greek like me" instead of geek. LOL
I have been in my kitchen more since the kids started school. I need all the recipes I can get.
Thanks!

Louisiana Tara said...

Oh man, that looks so good! Wish I could have it. I can't have fresh herbs any more. :(

BTW you are just about the most precious thing ever!

Critty said...

I just had to hold a moment of silence for poor Tara who can no longer have fresh herbs.


Okay. I am done.

That looks delish! And so easy. I love simple dishes like that and with my own basil leaves right outside this may be on the menu soon.

And you really are the most precious thing ever. :o)

Jen said...

Yes, I pretty much only make those kinds of meals, too. The ones with 4 or less ingredients usually make the top 10. I love pesto!

Annika said...

Looks delicious!

Alyssa Rose said...

Yum! Yum! Yum!

Andrea said...

I love easy, too! Looks yummy!

alihsee said...

Ooh delish! I rarely ever make things with fresh herbs but I have always wanted to grow my own. Sucks that I have a completely black thumb :)

I also want your vest!

Have a great weekend!

Danielle said...

Looks delicious!!

Muthering Heights said...

That sounds delicious!

Muthering Heights said...

That sounds delicious!

Joyeful said...

mmm...I'm going to have to try this!! I'm a huge fan of fast meals, too :) It's necessary around here!

LambAround said...

This looks delicious! I love your Julia Child impression ;)
If you have a free moment, I have a new weekly (I hope!) Linky on my blog called Not “Baaad” Sundays with LambAround. I’d love for you to post this :)