10.18.2010

exciting stuff in adoption world...

 Last week turned out to be just the perk I needed in this whole adoption journey! Honestly, I had been a bit discouraged with all the delays lately. BUT, it looks like things might be picking back up! There were TWO referrals we learned about last week which makes us number FIVE! We were pretty much on cloud nine all week long and then this weekend we got even more exciting news...

A family who is in Ethiopia now for their court date emailed our agency listserv to tell us that 10 new children were admitted to the transition home yesterday and that many were babies! So, 10 new children... we're number 5 ... I'll give you a minute to do the math...

done? Excited? I'm not saying that Tucker is one of those ten - but I am hoping! I'm not even expecting an October referral, but it does leave me a little hope for November! So keep praying, friends! It may be taking longer than we expected, but I think we're in the homestretch of this journey!

As if that weren't great enough, we got the surprise of our life during the announcements at church this morning. Apparently, while we were away at our friends wedding, a woman who we don't even know extremely well contacted the pastor about a fundraiser she wants to do for us! It's all happening this week and next and I was blown away by her love, generosity, and support. John had to take me out of the sanctuary when I figured out what was happening because I started bawling. God is so GOOD! He works in the most beautiful ways and I love how he uses His followers (like this precious woman) to come along side us and walk with us for a bit of our journey (just like so many of you have and are). :)

So, you can tell I'm in a super good mood today! I'll leave you with a picture of our newest addition to Tucker's wardrobe...


...gotta get that boy started early. Daddy will be so proud! Rah Rah Va Mil!!!


©2009 Living By Faith

19 comments:

Melinda said...

That is SOOO exciting!! You are so close :-) God is so very good to us!

Jenny said...

i'm still all jumpy and excited and on edge after this weekend's news! can't wait to celebrate with you!!!

Leigh said...

YES!!! That is fantastic news! Praying big big big things for your adoption this week!!!

Lara said...

I'm praying Tucker is at HH also!!

Jessica said...

That is so exciting, Lauren! I can't even imagine how hard it has been for you having to wait for such a long time. I'm praying for you all, and that Tucker is at the HH now!

Amber said...

YAY!!! I love seeing little babes in supporting their or maybe mom and dad's favorite college teams. So fun!

Venessa said...

What exciting news! Good way to start out the day!

Karin Katherine said...

Exciting news! And while its good to be cautiously optimistic I do believe in CELEBRATING each of the milestones and positive signs along the way. CELEBRATE THEM! Hooray!

Jim and April said...

oh lauren i am so incredibly happy for you and love hearing all this good news! just think...tucker could be and most likely is one of those 10! :0) AHHHHH! :))

Kate said...

I am so excited for you!! What a wonderful blessing God is bestowing on you all with this fundraiser!!

Amy said...

How exciting!! I bet you're on cloud 9!

Alison said...

Oh, I am just SOOOOO excited for all my sweet friends at the top of the lists!! I can't wait til ya'll get "THE CALL!"!!!

Kelly said...

That is so exciting to think that you are so close to seeing your son's face! I hope it is in October!!

John and Shannon said...

Yay Yay Yay....Hearing your news gets me all giddy inside too. Can't wait to read up on what's going on in the next several weeks. God bless!!

journeyofawoman said...

you sound VERY excited! i am VERY happpy for you! =D
May God be blessed even more as you journey in this adoption process... =D
God bless your home!

Caroline said...

I am so happy that you all are getting the help you need to bring home your baby! A long road is behind you now and the end is in sight! Praying it goes quickly for you. :)

Sarah Ann said...

Ahh! I got teary eyed just reading this! I can't wait to see that precious boy in your arms!
God is just so good!

Critty said...

I just love how He never stops surprising us!

So glad things are looking up and you could get your referral..so. soon!

Praying for all 3! of you!

BARBIE said...

This is such exciting news. I am so happy for you!