10.28.2010

paperwork queen...

 that's what I think I'm going to start calling myself from now on! Just when you think you'll never have to get another signature notarized, they send you a packet that weighs about 100 lbs and tell you to complete it all within 10 business days (to which John said, "I don't think they realize that you're superwoman and you'll have it all done in 48 hours!" haha). We found on our doorstep this afternoon via UPS...

Tucker's referral packet!

It was supposed to arrive Tuesday, but due to bad weather somewhere between here and Oregon, and a mix up by UPS, we didn't get it until today. Thankfully our wonderful case worker sent us some of the forms via email and we were able to complete the bulk of them this week.


Then, we made 2 trips to the bank today and then rushed off to overnight the whole packet back. Why overnight? Because this packet is the only thing standing in the way of our court date! We can't be issued a court date until we complete the referral packet.



SO we overnighted that sucker and it will be in the hands of our case worker tomorrow morning! :) It will take a couple weeks for the court in Ethiopia to give us a date, but at least we're done with the paperwork... for now...

We're so excited!!! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!!!!! 

John bought these little shoes for Tucker today... the cuteness is overwhelming...



©2009 Living By Faith

22 comments:

Mocha Momma said...

Sounds like your date is getting closer and closer. How exciting! You must be so anxious and excited.

Enjoy your little bundle. I hope he's home with you by Christmas.
Take care,
nannette

Critty said...

Every step is a step closer to your Tucker! Yay! Awesome that you got the paperwork done that quickly you PW Queen you!

Kristin said...

Wow....I am SO excited for you, Lauren!!! I think those shoes are the cutest things ever!!

4 Blessings said...

You are so much closer. I can't wait, so I am sure you can't!
Love ya,
Amy

Jenny said...

those shoes are CUTE!!! matt says i'm pretty amazing at paperwork too :-)

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Yay for the paperwork queen! Those shoes are too adorable!! :)

Jim and April said...

oh lauren...i am super pumped for you1 great pics!

Veronica said...

How very exciting! Love the shoes!

Janet said...

LOVE IT, Lauren!!! The shoes are darling, and I have to say that some of our most treasured clothing items from the infant stage are things my hubby randomly brought home or picked out. Very sweet. : )

Amy said...

I am with you on all the paperwork!!! WE are going to finish all ours toady and hopefully get it back on the east coast by Monday. Won't it be awesome to get those court dates?!!

Praying for our little guys! And those shoes are adorable.

Love,
Amy

Chloë said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this entire post! I remember my mom going through mountains of paperwork, and the tension and excitement of it all! And I adore those little baby shoes! Omgoodnesssss! Too cute! If we knew what we were having and it was a boy, I would buy those so fast it would make your head spin. But for now I'll just enjoy your baby's. :]

Heather said...

Yay!! I'm still so excited to see that sweet little boy in person! John looks so excited in his picture-so cute! And speaking of cute, those shoes are a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.! Lu you so much!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations on being almost finished with paperwork & almost to that precious little one! P.S. Left you an award on my blog: http://a-heart-abandoned.blogspot.com/

Alison said...

Yay for being an awesome paperwork queen!! Another BIG step closer to little Tucker! Love his shoes!!

Danielle said...

So exciting! You are one step closer! I remember the mountain of unending paperwork!! We are still doing some even though the girls have been home for a year!!

Joyeful said...

ummm, YES! those are the cutest shoes I've ever seen!!

BARBIE said...

I am so excited for you. I cannot wait to see you holding Tucker in your arms!

Madeleine said...

Oh I Remember that time! When you wish the post office would just STAY OPEN because you couldn't get that paper work done and out fast enough.

I think my least favorite part about the process, other then the waiting, and I don' t know ANyONE who likes that part, is running to hte capital ALL the time to get one more thing state certified.

And I am on my way to do that self same thing today. :P

Oh Glory be! Congratulations.

You will be amazing parents, and it is a joy that this baby will live for HIS glory!!

danielle said...

just found your blog, this is such an amazing story. can't wait to hear more about your sweet son's arrival!!

journeyofawoman said...

you are so right.. those shoes are cute! Tucker is going to love them for sure!

Tabitha said...

those shoes are absolutely adorable. Congrats on your adoption!

misty w. said...

Good Luck! We are just starting the adoption process as well...so exciting!!!