10.20.2010

this might be all you hear about for awhile...

Last night I got on my email and saw the word I have learned to ADORE over the last several months. The #1 family on our list sent out a message with the subject **REFERRAL** ... which means we're now NUMBER 4!!!! I squealed really loud and scared John! haha

Another super cool thing happened Monday evening. John and I went to a state park not far from our house to take a walk. We had on our sneakers and our Hope for Ethiopia shirts on - this one...


Anyway, we were on our way back to the car because it was getting near dusk when the park closes. The trail curved a bit up ahead and a little girl came running around the curve. I saw her and knew. It took a split second looking at her gorgeous black curls and her beautiful face - she is Ethiopian. As we came around the corner I saw her older sister - same beautiful face. Then her dad... white. He looked at us and said, "I like your shirts!" We laughed and smiled. He asked if the heart was for Ethiopia and we said yes and then he went on to tell us that the girls were Ethiopian (I KNEW IT!!!) and that they had been home for 1 year. They were 4 and 8 and absolutely adorable! We told him we were adopting a little boy and the 8 year old looked up at me and said, "one boy or two boy?" I melted! I knew she wanted 2 friends, but I had to tell her just one.

THEN he gave us his wife's email address because she's setting up a fellowship group of Ethiopian adoption families! I am so excited! I have been so jealous of all my TN and Washington friends who have these huge and awesome groups to hang out with and we literally do not know a single person in our area adopting from ET. But now we'll have a whole group of them!

What are the odds that we would decided to go to Sea Shore State Park so late in the day... wearing those shirts... and that family would be there? God is SO GOOD!!


 * Don't forget to head over to SDG to check out her gorgeous artwork! PLUS if you buy any 12x12 tile 10% of the proceeds go to bring Tucker home! Make sure you tell her you came from my site!*
©2009 Living By Faith

30 comments:

Melinda said...

YEA for being # 4!! And I just love how God orchestrates every part of our day. So awesome that you'll have a fellowship group to belong to!

Michelle (michabella) said...

God truly is SO GOOD! I am so excited for you both!!! <333

LAURIE said...

How awesome! God is truly in control of every detail! :)

Veronica said...

This is awesome news! How amazing the way the Lord worked that out to meet that sweet family! He is good! I'm so happy for you guys!

Kelly said...

#4....I cannot imagine your excitement!! I love all the little reassurances that God sends our way to keep us going! :)

Jennie Allen said...

Any time!! So exciting!

Jim and April said...

ahhhhhh...sooooo excited for you girl! #4 wow...and that is so awesome what happened with you wearing that shirt! ;0)

Jenny said...

#4#4#4! Can't WAIT to make you #3!!! And SUPER cool about the little girls and the adoptive parents!!!

Leigh said...

awesome awesome awesome!!! Love the story!

AND #4!!! Oh my goodness. so excited!

Natalie said...

ah what an amazing story!!! GOd is so funny how he works. That will be wonderful for you guys to have other families to fellowship with!
Congrats on number 4!! You're getting so close!

ASH said...

OOOHHHH...I'm so stinkin' excited for you! You are getting so close! We had our own squeal-fest at the growingbytwofeet house this morning for #6! (I'm the girl who lives with them) =D

I couldn't find your email address...wanted to tell you that winning the Pleated Poppy giveaway totally MADE MY DAY Friday! I've never won a giveaway before = D Anyway, just wanted to say thanks!

Cole said...

That is so cool Lauren! It's getting so close! :)

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

YAY... how exciting! I am so excited and happy for you! God is SO good! :)

Shark Bait said...

Awesome.

I am so happy for you about your number, and the encounter....

AWESOME!!!!

Darla said...

that is so cool about the group in this area. I love it that that family adopted such older children. I'm sure that is a very hard age to place, so glad they found a loving home! Congrats for NUMBER FOUR!

Jess said...

Yay yay yay!!!!! How exciting! I am so looking forward to the blog you will write someday with the word "GOTCHA!" in the title!! :)

Life Is Crazy Beautiful said...

What a wonderful Divine appointment! That's great :) Lisa

Monika said...

What a wonderful news!!! I´m so excited for you!!!!!!! GOD is so good!

e-Mom said...

A wonderful story! I'm excited for you!

Lindsey said...

Don't you love the way God works out little pieces of encouragement like that? I was just reading in Acts about how God led Paul right to Lydia & she became one of the 1st European converts & opened her home as a church. Think he led you right to that family like he did Paul to Lydia.

Kim and Eric said...

What a blessing. God is so very good.

Kate said...

Praise the Lord! I am so excited for you!!

Kelly Jo said...

#4...yay!! love that story too!! :)

MamaMimi said...

Yay for fellowship groups!! You really think that WA is rankin' up there next to those TN folks?!?! Wow, that makes me smile! =D

Alison said...

YAY for #4!! Ya'll are just SO CLOSE! I am so excited for ya'll! And I love the story about meeting that family!! So glad ya'll will have a fellowship group...so awesome!

4 Blessings said...

That is so wonderful. So happy that God placed you guys there at the same time. Can't wait to hear all about your call. Praying for you :)
Love,
Amy

Heidi said...

Where did you get that shirt? I really like it.

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh you are so beautiful! I am so excited for you and John about number 4!
That is so exciting.
God is good and those people being at the park at the same time is totally God! Amazing!

BARBIE said...

God is so good! I love how he is linking you up with others who have adopted from Ethiopia!

Janet said...

I'm so glad you're finding fellowship, and I'm so excited you're #4!!! I'm new to the list serve, but I tear-up each time I see another referral! There really is an end to the wait, and you're ALMOST THERE!!! I get so excited with these referrals I think my heart is going to beat right out of my chest. Can't wait to see your REFERRAL message!