10.25.2010

We have a SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a whirlwind this has been!! I am still trying to wrap my mind around all that's happened. Just two weeks ago we were sitting pretty at #7 and now we have our referral and a little face to go with our love and prayers for Tucker! I am still in shock! So, here's how it all happened...


On Friday morning we knew we were #4. I had been facebook and blog stalking Jenny all week waiting for her to get her referral and make us #3. At about 2pm Friday I got a text from V, the family right in front of us saying "you're #2!" So then I knew Jenny AND Niki got their referrals that morning! I was to so excited. V was #1 and we were #2. Then, at about 5pm my phone rang and it was V... she had just got her referral - we were #1!!! OH my goodness - 3 referrals in one day! I can't describe how excited we were!!! 3 hours later AGCI (our agency) closed, so I knew that we wouldn't get a call until Monday at the absolute earliest. I honestly had no idea how I was going to make it through the weekend! Good thing we were leaving town Saturday morning - we would be very busy!

I slept like a baby on Friday night and Saturday we drove up to Lexington, Va. John was asked to speak at a fall festival on Sunday for VMI cadets and students from a few other nearby colleges. I slept like a baby Saturday night too - and Sunday was filled to the brim! Sunday night, though, I could NOT sleep at all! I finally got up and decided to make to-do lists. That usually helps calm my brain and get me to sleep. It wasn't working. Tucker was on my heart and I couldn't settle down. So I got out my notebook and started praying. (Sometimes I write my prayers - it helps me not get distracted, and I like to be able to look back on them.) I prayed and prayed for Tucker, for us, for his birth family... I prayed for 3 pages front and back. Finally I felt like I could go to bed at 1am. It was NOT a restful night - I tossed and turned all night long.

This morning I woke up and immediately felt like Christmas morning! My heart was fluttering and I had butterflies in my stomach. We got ready, and had some friends to meet with before we got back on the road. I remember thinking "I hope we either get the call before we leave, or after we get home." I didn't want to get the call mid-trip and not be able to see his pics for hours! So, we went about visiting with friends and then got on the road about 2:30pm. It's a 4 hour drive home. AGCI closes at 8pm our time. I had my phone out and the volume turned up. I gave the agency their own special ring tone last week, so I would know it was them. Then I worked on a little sewing project while John drove.

I remember thinking at about 5pm, "we're not getting the call today... if our referral was ready they would call earlier in the day." Then my phone rang... it was my mom. I'm getting together with her and my sister tomorrow. So she was calling to solidify plans and in the middle of the all my phone beeped that I had a voicemail. It never even beeped in that I had a call on the other line! My mom was still chatting away and I just knew that I had missed a call from our agency. Then John's phone rang and I looked over and saw the area code. "PICK UP THE PHONE!!!" I said so loud! "It's AGCI!!!! PICK IT UP!!!" So he did and then got a big grin on his face. So I cut in, "Mom - I have to go RIGHT NOW - the agency called! We're getting our referral!!" She joked back, "No, you need to stay on the phone to make plans with me!" Then she said something about calling her later but I was already hanging up! haha

K (our case worker) conference called me in, so John and I both listened in on our cell phones. At this point it was about 5:45pm and we were about 45 minutes away from our house. She went on to tell us all the information she had about our baby boy. The whole time she saw talking I was bawling my eyes out. I kept sniffing so loud that I thought for sure I was distracting her! I couldn't stop smiling and crying at the same time! That phone call is such a blur to me. I was trying to scribble down all the information I could. She said she emailed it all to us along with his pictures. We got off the phone about 10 minutes away from our house.

We texted and called family and close friends to pass the 10 minutes. Then we pulled into the driveway and left all our suitcases/bags and such in the car and ran to the computer! Before we opened the email John said a sweet but short prayer! Then we opened it and saw the perfect face of our son. He is seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen!
 (here's John with Tucker's picture)

(and me with Tucker's picture)

We emailed the pics to family and called/texted some more people. Then we went to the church (next door) and printed out his pictures. We announced it on our listserv and facebook and then grabbed his pictures and went out to dinner. We drooled over them the whole meal!

 (the happy new Daddy)

(Mommy's on cloud nine!)

So, the facts... Tucker is a precious 4 weeks old!!! (SO young!) and he weighs 8.1 lbs. He really is a bundle of pure adorableness. There are some other details that we're keeping to ourselves, but might share in the future. Right now we are just so happy to know who our son is!

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support - keep them coming!! :) I wish we could share his pictures, but we aren't allowed to until he's home with us. Until then... here's a sneek peek of his precious little hands...


©2009 Living By Faith

67 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations!! I read your post earlier today and prayed that you would receive that referral today and thank you Lord! So happy for you guys... thanks for sharing the journey with all of us who are "waiting in the wings".

ASH said...

OOOHHHH!!!! So excited for you!!!! Love the little hands = D

Lara said...

I cannot tell you what joy I have from hearing this. God is so good.

Alison said...

Oh my goodness, his little hands are just so PRECIOUS!! I am just so happy for ya'll!! Congratulations on your adorable SON!! And I love that he is only 4 weeks old!! Lauren, I am truly thrilled for ya'll! Praise God!!

Venessa said...

I have tears just reading this! Congrats! I am so happy for you and your family! And what precious little hands!

Danielle said...

So much joy in hearing this...I am thrilled for you!! His hands are precious!! God is good...

Julia said...

Congratulations! God bless!

Life Is Crazy Beautiful said...

What a day of blessedness...yay GOD! Lisa

Amy said...

Oh, so sweet! What a perfect gift he is! I spent the entire day wondering if this was your day! Tucker's hands are adorable and it will be fun to see his sweet face soon!
So happy for you and John!
Congratulations!!!!

Kelly Johnson said...

Love reading this sweet story! Congratulations!!!

Kelly Johnson #38 on the boys list

Sara said...

I'm giddy with excitement for you and to be honest for all of us on the list! Hasn't it been so fun as we got closer and closer to the bottom! Now you aren't even on the list! LOVE IT!! Good luck sleeping tonight!

Sara
#3 unofficially!

Kristin said...

This post was just so much fun to read!! I am so excited for you both and praying for you! What a precious blessing!

Rachel M. said...

Ooooohhhhhh!!! How EXCITING!!! I was hanging unto every word in this post and saw his sweet hands--so, SO precious.Tucker is tremendously blessed by the Lord to have such godly parents :)

How exciting!!
God's blessings to you both!
Rachel

Jim and April said...

tearing up as I read how you were crying and smiling while on the phone! Oh friend, i am so happy for you! I cannot wait to meet tucker well online anyways when you bring him home! :0)

Debbie said...

What a blessing to read this news! Praise the Lord for answered prayer and a sweet baby named Tucker. I loved to read your excitement and even the little preview of his hands. He will definitely be loved.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

MamaMimi said...

Ahhhh!!!!! LAUREN!!! This did NOT. JUST. HAPPEN!!!!! This NEVER happens!!! I can't BELIEVE this week. I thought for sure you were gonna be in misery for at least a couple days until you got to see Tucker's sweet face and I was praying like crazy for you. Can't even believe the excitement! =) Yay!!!! Can't wait for our turn...and at this rate it just might be here before we have time to really think about it ;)

Veronica said...

This is wonderful news! So happy for you!!!

Page said...

I've been following along on your journey and I'm so, so happy for you!!! Praying you get to hold him in your arms so very soon! Glory to God for this gift of joy!!

BARBIE said...

I just knew it was coming soon. I am so beyond excited for you! Praying for you all!

Monika said...

Wow, it´s perfect news at the beginning of this day :-) Yesterday evening, when we went to sleep, we prayed for your family and probably it was in the same time when you got the call....wow, big CONGRATULATIONS, God is with you!!!
We will continue with praying!!!

Eden said...

Congratulations, Lauren!!! I'm so excited for you! Those hands are so adorable...I can't wait to see his face too! Blessings!

Jill Funkhouser said...

Yahoo! We are so excited for you guys! Cannot wait to see his precious face!
Lots of love and blessings!
Jill
www.campfunk.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

Yea Lauren! That is soooooo exciting!! I'm so happy for you and your husband.:)May all the new batch of paperwork go speedy quick.

www.proverbs24twelve.blogspot.com
Waiting to see Justus (4yrs. HH)

Melinda said...

Congratulations!!! What a great way for me to wake up, receiving such great news and an answer to my prayers! Hoping the next few months fly by for you! So happy for you and hubby!!

4 Blessings said...

Lauren,
I know I have already told you this, but....I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND JOHN! He is simply precious and we will all be praying for him and for you. Praying that you are able to hold him in your arms very soon.
Love ya,
Amy

Jenny said...

congratulations! enjoy this time, it's so special! his little hands are precious!

Carrie said...

YES! I could not wait to check your block this morning. Congrats John and Lauren! SO excited for you...referrals are so fun! His hands are soooo precious too! Reminds me of my Moses when we got his referral. He was 2 months old and only weighed 6 lbs...Tucker's hands remind me so much of his! Praying that everything else speeds along for you fast so Tucker can finally be home!
Prayers and blessings!
Carrie

Leigh said...

total sweetness! Praising God with you Lauren! So excited for you, John and baby Tucker!

Jess said...

YIPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

My best friend and her husband just adopted a baby through domestic adotion, it is such a JOYFUL time!

And I can't help but think of the excitement the family one behind you feels today, too now that they are in the number 1 position!

Darla said...

So happy!!! This made my day. Can't believe he's so young, that is amazing. Can't wait to see those pics! You better bring them on Wed!!!

Natalie said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I can't imagine how excited you both must be to have finally gotten to see your son!!!!!
And 4 weeks old---how tiny! : )
Praying that God makes this next step quick and you can have Tucker home in your arms soon!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! How exciting. :)

Michelle (michabella) said...

WOW!! PRAISE GOD!!!! I am crying in happiness for the both of you!!!! SO EXCITED!!!! <333

Chloƫ said...

This makes my heart so happy. :] Sweet baby Tucker is coming home.

Darcie said...

Congratulations, congratulations! Your smiles say it all...so happy for the both of you!!!!

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am SO excited for y'all!! I can only imagine the joy you're feeling right now! His little hands are so precious! Now I have to get a tissue! ;)

Jes said...

Congratulations! SO EXCITED FOR YA'LL!

Kimberly said...

Precious! So excited for you!

Kim and Eric said...

Tears of Joy!!! THANK YOU GOD!

Tara said...

Congrats on your precious son!

D and A said...

YAY!!!! I have tears of joy spilling for you! Your post makes me remember and I know how you are feeling. May the time go so quickly until you get to meet him and bring him home.

Congratulations, You MOM You!

Amy @ Missional Mama

Kelly said...

Rejoice in the Lord, always!!

Jessica said...

That's amazing! Congratulations!

Critty said...

Such a beautiful story! I love the photos of y'all with the computer and his photo...PRICELESS!

Prayers ascending as you start a new journey toward bringing Tucker home! You have a face to go with the name...and it is already imprinted on your heart!

<3

twolittletots said...

Congrats! So happy for you. When do you get to bring little Tucker home?

Punken said...

Congratulations!!!!

Franchesca said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU LAUREN!!! I can't believe I didn't read this sooner :)

I can't wait til he comes home to you two!!!

linda said...

Lauren, I am crying as I write this. I had prayed that God would give you your baby by Christmas. I am so thankful your time has come. I have chills - it has been so awesome to be able to read and pray with you about your journey for a child. God Bless you and your husband. To God be the Glory!
Blessings
Linda Marsh
Ocala, Fla.

belle said...

i;m just in tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his hands are so adorable and precious! how absolutely amazingly wonderfully perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


praying every second until he is home in his bed with his precious mommy and daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!

natali said...

so, soooooo excited for you guys and your new little man!!

Nicole said...

Congrats, what an amazing day!!!

Our Family said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!!
Jessica

Joyeful said...

Oh I am so excited I an barely stand it!!!!!!!! I love the pics of you and John by the computer screen!!! I can't wait to see little Tucker!! But until then, I will be praying for your sweet boy :)

Coming to Amharica said...

Congratulations!!

LAURIE said...

How precious! congrats! :)

Betsy and the Boys said...

Yay! Love your story and God's perfect timing! ( and Crackerbarrel, yummm! )
Hope to see you in Ethiopia!

Jenn said...

I am just giddy with joy for you!!! Congratulations! God is soooo good! <3 Your post made me tear up at the sheer JOY on you and your husbands faces.....I LOVE it!

Wanda said...

Hi Lauren - this is Wanda (Brantley's mom). I am so excited for you and your husband and can't wait to see the pics of this special little boy God has given the two of you. I hope to soon be finished with the baby blanket I have been crocheting for you.
Best wishes - Wanda

Morgan said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! God's timing is ALWAYS perfect!

Sarah Ann said...

Oh, friend!
This is the first time I've been able to get on and I am just overwhelmed! What an amazing God we have! I am so so so happy for you both and your family!!!!!!!!!

Faith Imagined said...

Wonderful news! I can't wait to see the little blessing!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!
I look forward to more pictures to come.

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Congratulations!!!

So excited for you!!!


Hope your week is BLESSED!

Laurel :)

Samantha said...

Oh, I am choked up reading about your finding your little boy! How wonderful, congratulations! I will be placing an order to help you on your way in January!

Megan M. said...

Lauren, I just found your site today. I love your designs and I think you adoption story is SO exciting. I have three little ones right now, but we very much want to adopt when God shows us the time is right. Congrats on the new little one waiting for you!

Tara said...

I'm beyond thrilled for you two! It's been a long time coming and you deserve it. Tucker is mighty lucky and blessed at the life he has ahead of him!

Christie @ A Lemon Squeezy Home said...

I found your blog after you commented on my post today:). This post brought me to tears! Good luck with your journey!!! I am so happy for you both although I do not know you! I have a close friend who is still waiting to adopt...I wonder if they've considered adopting a child out of the US? Anyways, best wishes to you and may God bless your cute family!!!