11.12.2010

married to prince charming

 I'm convinced that, without a doubt, I have the best husband ever. He's been working over time this week for sure!  Sunday morning I woke up feeling pukey...literally. But I stubbornly got ready for church while making trips to the bathroom to gag. When I actually started throwing up I finally had to text him that I wouldn't be coming. So my sweet man taught Sunday School and then skipped the service to come home and take care of me. Which meant lots of sitting on the couch, or sitting in bed while I slept, several trips to the store for Ginger Ale, crackers, soup, 7UP, and tylenol, and watching animated movies with me. Oh, and vomit doesn't gross him out - so he'll hold my hair and rub my back... :)

It also meant he was so sweet about having to cancel our Monday plans, which he was SO excited for: waking up early, breakfast out (his favorite meal of the day), and a day of walking and picnicking at the state park. :( I know that really bummed him out but he didn't say anything, he just continued to take care of me.


Thankfully my stomach virus left town on Tuesday. Then, yesterday I had a really big disappointment and John did too. I don't really want to share details, but I have to tell you what my amazing husband said to me when I felt disappointed in myself. "It's not you, God does it... you're just the vessel... and God made the vessel... and you are perfect." Those words meant so much to me in that moment.

To top it all off, my man really means what he says. Because when I woke up at 4am in excruciating pain because of this stupid chronic disease called endometriosis... he didn't complain at all that my crying was keeping him up. He went straight to the kitchen and got medicine and juice. Then he went to the closet and got my heating pad and plugged it in and situated it. I never had to move. And he rubbed my back until the medicine kicked in and I could fall back asleep....

I love my husband so much. I can't imagine what I did to deserve such a man. He really is prince charming... and he's all mine! Sorry Ladies! ;)

PS - I know some of you might be gagging right now, but God gave me this man and I reserve the right to brag on him! :P

©2009 Living By Faith

19 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Aw!!! God has truly blessed you with an amazing husband!!!! Hope your feeling better! <333

Brantley and Richard said...

That's awesome Lauren! It looks like that makes two of us home sick. I've been sick since Wednesday (or anniversary) and he made me dinner... and took care of me! I had engraved on the inside of his wedding band (when we got married) "My Prince Charming". :) Thought that was sweet that you made that your post title. Feel better sweet friend!

Darcee said...

Nope. NO gagging going on over here in HOBART :) actually my eyes got all teary because I think you married ONE totally AMAZING man!! It's GREAT to have that BEST FRIEND everyday of every minute of your life!!! GOD BLESSSSSS your beautiful marriage!! ♥ ...and I hope the days ahead have you feeling 100%! :)

Sarah B. said...

Awww... what a sweet post! Of course you deserve to brag about your prince charming. I'm pretty sure I married prince charming's twin brother because my hubby is pretty darn amazing too :)

(PS: I found you through Tatertots and Jello!)

Penny said...

Awwww...that's so sweet, Lauren!! He's definitely a good catch! Glad you're feeling better, too!

Amy said...

Ahhhhhh, this is the same thing we have been doing in our home! YUCK! It is one nasty bug for sure. Praying you are feeling stronger each day. You are in good hands for sure!
Love,
Amy

Emily said...

A little gaggy haha but still sweet :)

Alicia said...

I'm so not gagging! You are blessed, my friend!

Franchesca said...

Aw, Lauren, I'm so sorry you had a rough week!! God is so good to give you such a loving husband though!!

Brookie said...

I'm sorry it's been a sick weekend on top of disappointment, followed by even more physical pain. Sometimes when I have really rough weeks I just think, "Well, I've gotten in out of the way. Thankfully not all my weeks are this rough."
You're in prayer for things to get better and for you to feel better.

The Young Family said...

Feel better soon friend! And he does sound quite charming!!!! You two are too cute!

John and Shannon said...

You are a truly blessed woman. I'm so sorry for the rough week that you had. My thoughts are with you. I hope you are starting to feel just a little bit better as we go into this week. No gagging here....just smiles :-))))

Crystal said...

I found you over at Tatertots and Jello! Your story is so inspiring and I pray for you and your husband daily. I can't wait to see your new little boy!!

Tahnie said...

Isn't great to have a good man by your side? ;)

Kelly said...

I think the bragging is very sweet!! Hope you are feeling better.

Sarah Ann said...

You should definitely brag on him! I hope you are ok! What an amazing thing it is to be married to the best man God had for you! :)

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

These are the kinds of posts I love to read! You are blessed! Sorry to hear you were so sick and the pain you endure from endometriosis.

Praying for your precious blessing to come home!

blessings and grace,
Jill
Who is also married to a Prince Charming!

Courtney said...

That is so sweet! You definitely snagged a good one :)

He & Me + 3 said...

No gagging over here...he is precious and what an awesome man to complete you. You brag all you want.