11.01.2010

Shop For a Cause!



HAPPY NOVEMBER!!! Here it is... the beginning of Christmas shopping for most folks. Though, if you're like me you don't start until December. :/

So, if you're new here - read  this post to catch up with the idea of shopping for a cause. I hope you'll join me in committing to purchase only gifts for loved ones that would help others in need.

So, apparently this is a very popular idea which is the most awesome thing ever! I am not the only blogger who has come up with giving options for shopping with the purpose to help others. I am linking up today with A Place Called Simplicity. If you would like to shop for a cause PLEASE head over to her place and click on the links to browse for Christmas gift ideas.

Here are mine:

For all the ladies - baby girls, little girls, teen girls, and women: POPPIE LANE ACCESSORIES! I started my own accessories boutique this fall as a way to raise funds to bring our son home. Every cent goes toward our adoption. Here is the link to check out my store: http://poppielane.blogspot.com


For all the men in your life (and women too!) COFFEE!!! Just Love Coffee is an awesome company dedicated to helping adopting parents get their little ones home. Click here to visit our store front. $5 of every bag purchased goes straight to our adoption fund! Here's the link just one more time: http://www.justlovecoffee.com/johnandlauren





If you choose to purchase Christmas gifts from the two places above, the money we receive will go to bring home our son, Tucker, from Ethiopia. We received Tucker's referral one week ago today and he turned 5 weeks old yesterday! We're currently waiting for our court date and hope to hear back this week! We are guess we'll take our first trip sometime in January, but can't wait for that to be confirmed!

Now, head on over to A Place Called Simplicity to continue browsing to SHOP FOR A CAUSE!!!

©2009 Living By Faith

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for the link, Lauren. I am definitely committing to shopping for a cause! There's so many great things out there that help too, I just can't see any reason why not to shop that way :) I'm sure I'll be back to Poppie Lane too to shop!

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

Lauren - CONGRATS on your REFERRAL! I'm thrilled for you both!

Praying for a fast court date!

Blessings and grace,
Jill

Joyeful said...

I really, really love your shopping for a cause idea!!!!! I just can't tell you enough!! It's on my heart so much!

And I'm praying you get that court date SOON!!

The Raudenbush Family said...

If you want to add a button to www.wearegraftedin.com, please let me know. I'd be glad to!
Kelly

Penelope said...

Poppie Lane badge is on my site! This month we are celebrating National Adoption Month with a Blog Hop! Come add your story!
http://foster2forever.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

Hi I'd like to place your badge on my blog,is that ok? Also would like to give you a shout out. My personal blog is freedomhollowfarmkiddos.blogspot.com and I also have a fundraising blog where I am partnering with a highlight family and paying it forward as I fundraise for our adoption. Stop by onelessbrokenheart.blogspot.com, become a follower, say hi!

Blessings,
Suzanne
Team One Less Broken Heart
Bringing them home, one orphan at a time

Kristin said...

Hi, I love these!! I came by from the Link Up and wanted to share that this whole week I have adoption themed resources, giveaways and gift ideas on my blog. If you are selling items to make money to put towards an adoption I have a Link Up so that you can share your items. I am hoping to raise awareness and get others to help out families who are adopting by purchasing Christmas gifts from them. Stop by if you are interested.

Blessings,
Kristin
http://www.Kristinsreview.com

Black and White {Side by Side} said...

I'm inspired by reading about your adoption journey! God bless your family! :)

roweaglejacket said...

What great items for a wonderful cause. May God pave the way beautifully for you and your family.

mel@livvyloowho said...

I will definitely keep your shop in mind for future gifts! We were in the process of adopting a boy from Uzbekistan when the country stopped all adoptions:(.

PS. Stop by and enter my necklace giveaway (please)!
http://livvyloowho.blogspot.com/2010/11/tree-branch-earrings-and-giveaway.html