11.26.2010

sick.... again

 yep, sick again. It's the fourth time since september I've been ill. First there was a flu like thing that had me down for a week. Then it was a stomach virus that hit a ton of people around here. Then I developed a cough just refused to go away - and finally, yesterday, I woke up with a really scratchy throat. We picked Grammy up from the nursing home, went to my parents house and cooked away until dinner at 2:30pm. My throat kept getting worse, but I just downed hot cider like there was no tomorrow. Then we took Grammy back to the nursing home and returned to my parents to hang out with my brother. While we were watching tv my body started aching, my ears hurt, and then I got the chills - so we went home.

This morning John called the doctor and they told us to come right in. Turns out I have a fever (hence the chills and body aches) a respiratory infection, acute bronchitis, and swelling in my ear tubes. super. So, I'm home on the couch, my beautiful husband made me some soup, got my prescription, ludens cherry cough drops (more like candy though), sprite, and lindt chocolate. YAY My man sure does know how to take care of me.

I think today will be full of Christmas movies, naps, soups, canoodling, and more sleeping. Please pray that I don't get sick again - my body feels pretty worn out after the autumn it's had!



©2009 Living By Faith

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am right there with you. almost exact same symptoms. Only mine ended up being strept throat. Feel better!

Franchesca said...

So Sorry Lauren!! I hope you feel better soon, praying that your body gets a good long rest. xo

Theresa said...

Hope you are feeling better. I haven't had those Luden's throat drops in a long time. Loved those when I was a kid. Sounds like your husband is taking good care of you!

4 Blessings said...

I hope you are better soon! You definitely sound like you are in good hands with your wonderful husband.
Hugs,
Amy

Alicia said...

You poor thing!! Praying, Lauren!

Alison said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick! Hope you feel better soon! I have a bad cough right now too. Not fun!!

Leigh said...

I'm sorry friend! That's not fun at all! Praying you feel much better soon!

Critty said...

I am so bummed you are sick again. :o( This has not been your autumn.

Praying for you dear one.

Kristin said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!!!! :)

BARBIE said...

Oh wow, I am so sorry you are so sick. Praying you feel better soon.

Katie said...

Minus the the being sick, Christmas movies, chocolate and apply cider sounds like a perfect way to spend the day. I hope you get well quickly and at the very least, stay healthy 'till after Christmas. :)

Monika said...

Oh, that´s sad Lauren. We will pray for you!!! I hope you get well soon!

twolittletots said...

I am right there with you...I have the same things! And I am so sick of being sick. Hope you are feeling better soon :)

Darcee said...

...praying you are feeling better SUPER Soooon! ♥

partialemptynester said...

Well, sweetie, take care of yourself! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

partialemptynester said...

I just realized that post was over a week ago, during Thanksgiving...hope it didn't ruin your holiday and that you are already up and around again!

Bette said...

Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net) may be another choice. i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious scratchy throat.