11.19.2010

this and that

 It's been one of those weeks... you know the weeks you are so happy don't come too often and are happier than ever when they're finally over. Yea - well Sunday afternoon is going to bring one great big sigh of relief! :)

So after checking out the absolute cutest nursery ever at my fellow adopting mom's blog, I came away totally inspired. Tucker's room is practically done - just a few finishing touches needed. I am in love with the mobile they made for him. Jen was sweet enough to share the link for the tutorial. Here it is...


It was exactly what I needed to fill in a corner of the nursery! So - I went over to my marvelous sponsor The Little Fabric Shop and ordered some fabric. It's only $2 for a 1/4 yard of 100% cotton - and it's all super cute! I got all pale blues, whites, and browns. There's some stripes, argyle, polka dots, and plaid. I already had blue and brown striped ribbon - so as soon as my fabric arrives I am ready to go! Can't wait!!

Speaking of sponsors - Lisa Leonard is having a HUGE giveaway to celebrate her new blog/shop design (which is totally adorable by the way.) Click here to enter! :)

I have a bunch of teenage girls coming over Saturday for movie afternoon at my house. There will be lot's of blankets, snacks, cider, cocoa, giggles, talking, AND this fall/winter staple...


 My brother comes home from college for Thanksgiving break tomorrow... I cannot describe how happy this makes me. I love him... a lot. :)

Also - do you like pie? How about helping a child find their forever home? How about a HUGE gift basket? Yes? Then please please please head on over to my friend Lara's blog to be a "piece of the pie" and help them bring their little one home!!

Happy Friday!
©2009 Living By Faith

14 comments:

Jim and April said...

ok...so I thought I was having the last thing finished up for Isaac's nursery before taking pics and posting BUT after seeing this...i SOOOO want to try this too! I am IN LOVE with this mobile! absolutely in love! I dont know if I am crafty enough to make it but I want to try! :0)

Jim and April said...

love the fabric shop you mentioned! i found some fabric i would love to use to make this mobile...i have a few questions...how many different fabrics are you using? I was wondering how many I should use and everything but the beading looks like I could do it but I have no clue how to do the beading...do you have any suggestions?

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Ok, so I have to admit...I've NEVER seen this movie! I am a bonifide musical-lover but this one has escaped me.

Hmmm, looks like I have a movie to add to my Netflix list.

Have a fun weekend!

Jenilee said...

I just watched that movie yesterday and I said and sang EVERY word. I LOVE it!!! :) Enjoy!

Linda said...

That is a really cute mobile. So colorful!

Oh I love Seven Brides! We own it, but haven't watched it in a very long time. I think I will pull it out this winter and watch it again.

Darla said...

The Big Shot die cutting machine cuts fabric...if you bought a circle die, you would have it done in moments. PRESTO! Super cute. I'm on the lookout for a circle die now...I don't want to cut that many circles...and I like everything perfect. I am filing this idea away for when I do Kenna's bedroom this spring. It will be circles, so that would be a cool feature to have hanging!!! More decor-ish than a baby mobile, but I think it would look sweet!

Kristin said...

That is such a cute mobile! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned too! Hope you have a great time!

Natalie {Extraordinary Love} said...

that mobile is SO cute! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Also-I love your counter at the bottom of the page. Only 7 days--how EXCITING!!!

Sarah Ann said...

Aw! I wish that I could come over and watch the movie! How fun!
That mobile is so awesome!
Also, I've been meaning to tell you about a girl I know (through some other friends) who has blog about a little boy they just adopted. Granted, he's not an infant, but their story is so awesome and I thought you'd like to read! :) Her name is Stacie Wood and her blog is here!

Leah said...

I love the colors & patterns used on that mobile! Can't wait to see how yours turns out~ be sure to show us!
Teenagers are so much fun! I was one only 2 years ago, but mentoring them is such a blessing.

Alicia said...

I love that mobile!!! I'm so excited for you and your husband!!!!!!!

Joyeful said...

What an adorable mobile!!! I can't wait to see yours! And I hope you had a greeeeat movie night!! We were going to watch that one for our movie night, too, but we ended up falling asleep at 4:00 a.m. without watching a single movie!

Together We Save said...

I love that mobile! SO cute!! O have never seen this movie... I will have to check it out.

journeyofawoman said...

I'm excited to see Tucker giggling in this adorable room! =D