12.18.2010

{changes}

 Life is all about growing and changing as time goes by. We learn from experiences, the people we surround ourselves with, and the new paths we take. I've done quite a bit of growing and changes in the last 2 years (since I started this blog.) Through the process I've made small changes in the blog and played with the "look" as well as the types of posts I publish. However, the time has come for a bigger change. I am not getting rid of this blog - but I have changed it significantly.


God has brought some new things into my life and new passions that I feel deserve my utmost attention. As most of you know, I started my shop Poppie Lane to fundraise for our adoption. It has been extremely successful thanks to many of you! I just sort of happened upon it, but I have realized over the last few months that I LOVE being the owner/designer of Poppie Lane! It's the niche I've been looking for - a way to use the talents God gave me and also a way to allow me to do something I am so passionate about (adopt.) So, I'm not stopping! I am going to continue to pour my time and energy into growing Poppie Lane and using the profits to change the world a little bit at a time.


You see - once our adoption has been fully funded we aren't going to stop supporting adoptions. Nope - we're going to choose one adopting family per month to receive 50% of Poppie Lane profit for the month we're partnered with them. I am so stinking excited about this!! As Poppie Lane grows (I pray it will) we will look for additional ways to use the profit to give to those in need.

So, how will that affect this blog? Drastically. I recently moved Poppie Lane {the shop} to the next level by switching over to Big Cartel. (yayyy!) I then took the blogspot address and turned it into Poppie Lane {the blog.} However, I do not feel I can keep up with 2 blogs and a shop and a little one coming in just a couple months! So, this blog has now become the Poppie Lane blog. Yup - the name has changed, the design has changed, the nature of some of the posts will change... but it is still ME! :)


I am aware that some of you will choose to stop following. That's okay. When we move forward and grow, there are some that aren't going in the same direction, and it becomes time to part ways. No hard feelings and only best wishes! :) I strongly feel that this is the right decision for this time in our lives.

Thank you so much for sharing this journey with me -- it's such a joy!

15 comments:

Natalie {Extraordinary Love} said...

that is so awesome! i am looking forward to it : )

Critty said...

I am learning change is good. We should embrace it. So I am SO EXCITED for you. I know it will be the same ole Lauren with her beautiful heart...that she shares with us fully as she will share all her passions with us...adoption, her family, her amazing craftiness... all my beautiful friend.

Cannot wait my friend.

Jenny said...

VERY exciting!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

These changes sound so exciting! It is just awesome to find new passions. I look forward to seeing all the new exciting things you are up to!

4 Blessings said...

I'm definitely following along. I am so thankful for all the changes in our lives :)
Love,
Amy

Kristin said...

Awesome! I was so ready to give up my business, but you have gotten me excited to keep at it! I just have to find my niche too. I will definitely keep following along!

Jenn said...

Yeah! I am excited for you and the changes! I am no where near the person I was a couple years ago, so why should you be? Change is fabulous! ;)

cait said...

Wow...I am so seriously impressed and in awe with you and your hubby and your heart for the orphans of this world. what a compelling and heart-wrenching testimony...one of conviction, grace, and love. I will be praying for y'all and your sweet little bundle of love. will definitely keep your store in mind when I want to shop "just because" or need a gift. it's so awesome how you all are passing the blessing along to help others that are adopting! I'll definitely be following your blog and your story!

Alison said...

Sometimes it's just time for a change! I'll definitely be following along! Can't wait!! :)

BARBIE said...

I am definately following you here! Change is a good thing!

Amy said...

Just have to say it out loud- YOU ROCK! Thanks for your heart and thanks for what you are doing. CHANGING LIVES. Yes- change is GOOD. :)

Cassie said...

What an inspiring and selfless decision. I have a few friends that have adopted, and know that my husband and I hope to do so in the future, so this post really touched my heart!
Excited to see what's to come :)

Laura R. said...

I'm very excited for you and will be following along, but I wanted to ask: What happened to "Living By Faith", your other (main?) blog? I got a post in my google reader that started out exactly like this one did, but when I clicked the link I found that the blog could not be reached at all. Have you deleted it? And if so, do you mind sharing why? I'm curious. :)
But other than that, great work on your shop and I'm praying for your adoption! Great of you to help out other families who are adopting!

Maria @ The Trochelmans said...

Definitely will be following along with you!

Dear Lillie said...

Wow! Such exciting changes! Am now a follower of your blog!