12.28.2010

{He smiles!}

Yup! We just got an email this morning with 5 more pictures of our little man and these words...

"He is such a beautiful little boy! Those eyes! I mean, most Ethiopian babies have big ole' eyes, but his take the cake! Gorgeous!... (name of person who took pic) said he did smile but wasn't able to catch it on camera. He said he was very alert and looking all around at his little friends. I can't wait till you can meet him yourself! Just a couple more weeks!!!!!"

It's so wonderful to read that our little man smiles! We don't have any pictures of him smiling and I wasn't sure if he had started yet. I've been researching like crazy about the age most babies smile, but never found a clear answer. Some babies start early - others later. 3 months seems to be the average and Tucker turned 3 months on Sunday! :) I think he's saving his smile for us to see in person - 2 1/2 weeks!!!!


 {I can't wait to see these lips widen into a big grin for us!! Most of all I can't wait to smooch them!}


**Don't forget to enter the giveaway!! Ends tonight at midnight! :)


19 comments:

Darcee said...

Ooooooooh I can't believe it's only 2 1/2 weeks till you get to see his precious face! I'm sure he is storing up some BIG OLE sugar grins for his Mommy and Daddy! Soooooo excited for you guys! :) Soooo COOL to receive priceless, adorable, pics of your little guy! LOVe it! :)

Kara said...

Your blog and your shop are just lovely! I am having fun "snooping" around!! :)

Kara @ MFTM

Critty said...

Oh my look at those lips!! I'm not gonna lie...I cannot wait to see that whole face...and I know you cannot wait to see it in person to kiss all over his adorableness and just hold him and love on him. He is such a cutie!

Smiles are fabulous things but trying to get one in a photo is hard! If Tucker is anything like my niece he is smiling all the time and then when you go to get a photo....blank face. I think they know ;) haha!

5 little (::)'s said...

Lauren, if you go to babycenter.com they have a wealth of information on your baby's development. It is free to sign up and they send you weekly emails to let you know what is going on in your baby's development- I use it for all 3 girls. Look at his lips!! :) Muah!! Baby Tucker!! Praying your 2 weeks will go by in a flash!! Love you!!

Here is the link- https://www.babycenter.com/register.htm?regLoc=3&refererOverrideUrl=/baby?phaseId=1511684

Hope it works!!

Leigh said...

Praying it flies by and you get to snuggle your sweet son soon!

Abby said...

I saw you on Gussy's community post and I love your blog! I'm so excited for you and your husband to bring home your precious baby! :]
Consider your blog followed!

Lara said...

Melt my heart!!!!! I am so excited for you. The only downer is I assume you won't be coming to the retreat :-(

Tiffany said...

Awwww. We will be in Ethiopian in 3 weeks to mee our own little baby! How exciting!

Shonni said...

Beautiful little lips! SOOOOO close!!!!

Alicia said...

So precious!! Look at his little mouth!!!! Kiss kiss!!

Laurie said...

How exciting!! 2.5 weeks are going to go by so quickly!! I can't wait until we see a picture of your cutie pie. :)

Kristin said...

Awww....I am so excited for you to see him! I bet he will give you the biggest smile when you do!

the industrial cottage said...

I can't wait for you to meet him!

Jodi said...

ohhh those sweet lips! Can't wait for you to hold him and love on him!

Jenny said...

ohhhhh i cannot WAIT! so happy to hear the good update on Tucker!

Franchesca said...

That's wonderful news Lauren!!! :)) I can't believe it's SO close :)

BARBIE said...

So excited for you Lauren. I cannot wait to see pictures of your beautiful boy, with you smooching those lips!

Jim and April said...

oh how precious! you can tell even by that pic just how beautiful he is! your right, all babies smile at different times and thats exciting that he will be smiling when you come get him!

....................................... said...

Can't wait to see that sweet smile!:) Lori