12.20.2010

{on my tree}

I love waking up in the morning and enjoying a steaming mug of coffee next to our Christmas tree. It's so cozy and warm... it's the perfect start to a day! I love looking at all our ornaments knowing that each one is special and unique. Each one means something to us. Most were gifts, some are homemade, all add to the beauty and delight that our Christmas tree brings to our little home.

Here are a couple of my favorites...

{this one was purchased last year from Amy - to help bring home Elijah... this year she sent us one with Tucker's full name on it.} 

{This ornament was part of a large batch that were handmade by Darla's relative to sell at a craft sale to raise funds for our adoption last Christmas! I decided to try to make my own this year and whipped up quite a few... they're really easy and make great gifts (tutorial coming soon!)}

{This was my first ever ornament... bought by my grandparents in 1984... love}

What makes your tree special? Do you have ornaments that mean a lot to you and bring back happy memories when you look at them?

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love them all. Our ornaments all have special meaning too. I enjoy unwrapping them each year to hang on the tree and thinking of all the memories associated with them. So special.

4 Blessings said...

We have a story behind every one on our tree. Love all the memories our tree holds.
Blessings,
Amy

Alison said...

Awww! Love these! We have the cute Africa ornament from Amy too! It has Caroline Faith's name on it, and I love it! So sweet!

Critty said...

Awww! I have always loved that Africa ornaments...and those gingerbread ones are hilarious!

Your first ornament...how sweet!

aPearantly sew said...

Most of our ornaments were given to us by my mom or my MIL, and are from when we were kids, so they all have lots of sentimental value. I love that!