12.08.2010

tucker's growing ...

 It's been 6 1/2 weeks since we received our referral with pictures of our then 4 week old little boy. Can you believe he's already 10 weeks old?? He'll be 3 months the day after Christmas ... goodness. We are so thankful for the families who have traveled to Ethiopia since we received our referral most have been so gracious and offered to take pictures of Tucker and send them to us. There are too  many children for our agency to keep up with updating all the families, so we don't receive any word from them. Our only glimpse into what out little guy is doing is through the words from other families and the pictures they take.

So far we have received 7 additional pictures since his referral. All the emails attached to the pictures say the same thing: he is very tiny, he is very calm, and he is very sweet. It makes my heart melt!! In a few of the pictures he is being held and fed by his special mother (the wonderful woman caring for him while we wait.) In a few others he is swaddled in blankets and laying in a little moses basket to sunbathe - it's seriously adorable!! I so wish I could share the pictures on this blog, but I can't until we bring him home. Be prepared for photo overload when that time comes!! :)

Here's a sneak peak of one of the recent pictures (milky mouth, boogers, and all!) ...




©2009 Living By Faith

24 comments:

Lara said...

Oh, be still my heart!!

4 Blessings said...

He is so precious. We are praying for your little man :)
Blessings,
Amy

Jodi said...

New photos does a mommy good! :) Love to see Tucker is growing so well! Can't wait to see him in your arms!

Laura said...

So sweet, such a precious little mouth. Congratulations on you new addition, I bet you can't wait to squeeze those little cheeks!

Kelly Jo said...

He is precious!!

Chloë said...

If he's your baby, of course he'll be sweet! :] Come home, baby Tucker! Your momma needs you here!

Jenny said...

So so precious! Praying for you Tucker!!!!

Nicole said...

He is just beautiful, boogers and all :) I think we are all ready for some photo overload.

Amy said...

I'm so glad that you have people taking pictures for you! That's awesome!! He is absolutely adorable, from what I can tell! I'm so excited for you as the day gets closer!!

Queen Los said...

sooooo sweet! What a gift!

Linda said...

Oh my what a sweetie. I just love babies! And I know your momma's heart is longing to meet Tucker, and hold him and kiss him, and make him your own!

It won't be long...hang in there!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Melinda said...

Precious baby boy!! I bet your arms are aching to hold him. Hopefully not much longer now. I've been praying!!

Darcee said...

Omigoooooooodness!! What a doll! :) SO cooooool you have received MORE pictures of him! I'm sure each of them is PRICELESS! YAY! ♥ Can't wait to see him in your ARMS! :) SOOOOooooon!

Alison said...

Awww!!! Lauren, he is just so PRECIOUS!! I know you can't wait to have him in your arms!!!

Julia said...

So precious! I can't wait to see EVERY picture you post when he comes home!!!

BARBIE said...

What a precious bundle of love! I can't wait to see all of the pictures of him when he comes home!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Look at those precious little fingers! What an incredible blessing to have others willing to send you photo updates of your little boy. What a gift!

Wes And Nina said...

Okay, so Vanessa told me we'd be flying on the same flight to Addis on the 14th! My husband and I are adopting twins and our court date is jan 18th. Can't wait to meet you in Frankfurt! :)

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh how sweet!! So happy and excited for you! :)

Kristin said...

He is just SO precious!

Our Bigg Family said...

PRECIOUS!! I am sure all the photos are a comfort. praying for you all and your little guy.

Monika said...

Wow, Tucker is so cute!!! Time is flying and Tucker will be with you and John soon!

Alicia said...

Oh, Lauren!!!! I bet you can't help but stare at his pictures 100's of times a day!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

This is so precious, Lauren. I am thrilled for you. I look at our ultrasounds whenever I can, so I can just imagine the thrill in your heart as you view your precious, cuddly boy. Thank God that this is so close.