1.07.2011

{is this what they call nesting?}

This week I have been more productive than usual and have had all kinds of motivation! I've literally had to fight off the urge to make ten trillion new things for the shop. Instead I settled on just 6 or so. ;) I've also been dying to reorganize the house and spring clean to the max. Unfortunately for me, there aren't 63 hours in a day so I'm unable to do all that. Instead I've settled for finally putting away all the Christmas decorations and dusting.

Thank you so much for the encouragement on my last post. I am feeling much less stressed and that's probably due to the fact my nesting instincts have kicked in and I was able to cross several things of my to-do list this week... yay! Tomorrow will be full of errands, but I'll have my husband along so we'll make it feel more like a date than running around like crazy people... maybe... :).

My only enemy now? Laundry....

(If only I looked so cute folding my pink little heart adorned garments)

Oh how I despise you, you overflowing, never ending pile of laundry... but I will win this battle!!! Before we leave on Wednesday I will have every stitch of clothing washed, put away, and the house will be clean!

I think this is what they call nesting, no? I have to say... I like it! I leave you with this hilarious picture I found while searching for laundry photos...


heehee

9 comments:

JillAileenJones said...

LOL! Way to funny-I don't think my mom would think so-laundry for 6 is more than I like-I am pretty sure more than my mom would like!
Praying for you and this wonderful journey you are about to embark on. Love reading your blogs and hearing the excitement in them about this wonderful time in your life.l Soak up every moment-drink it in and praise God for every minute-it is kind of like your wedding day-everyone tells you to enjoy it, you do but there are always things you wish you would have taken more time to notice and enjoy. Having each of my 4 blessings has been like that-I wish I could have had a mental tape recorder to capture it all for later.
Praying everything goes smoothly-your flight-your journey over there-most of all your court date and meeting your "SON" for the very first time-wish I could be a fly on the wall-what a blessed moment.
Can't wait to see photos.
God bless you and your new family to be.
So excited for you!!
Hugs-
Thoughts and prayers-
Jill

Andrea said...

Haha! You and I are going to get lots of those types of laundry items when our boys are grown!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

how fun!

4 Blessings said...

I just want you to know I am praying for you. I am so happy you are about to have your sweet boy in your arms. I wish I could go too to experience the moment you see him for the first time.
Love ya,
Amy

Alicia said...

That is so exciting!!!

Anne said...

Hi Lauren! I'm giving your beautiful blog the Sunshine Award! Visit here to receive the award:
http://www.openbookgirls.com/2011/01/sunshine-award.html

love,
anne
www.openbookgirls.com

Alison said...

Yep, you are definitely nesting!! Love it! :)

Kristin said...

Haha! That's so funny! Laundry is one of those things that just never goes away, huh?! It's like no matter how much you do one day, the next day it's all back in there again. Boo! I bet once Tucker is home, you'll love doing laundry and seeing all his cute little baby clothes :)

MamaMimi said...

LOL! Great pictures! If only laundry was that glamourous!!! =) Thanks for the smiles!