1.31.2011

{it's monday... let's be miscellaneous}

It's been awhile since I've joined in with Carissa over at lowercase letters... it's the perfect Monday for it! :)

{1} Time needs to pass quicker.
I've been in a total FOG since we returned from Ethiopia. I'm not talking about jet lag... though that was a beast. I'm talking about post-trip #1 depression. My fellow adoption friend Katie describes it as a "sleepless coma." All of us post trip #1 folks are experiencing it. Basically it means we miss Ethiopia, we miss our kids, and we don't care about anything else besides getting back there. So, don't be offended when we don't feel like smiling, talking, or doing much of anything besides stare at pictures and videos of our little ones and daydream about trip #2.

{2} Even in my fog-like state, the world keeps turning. So this week is going to be full of filling  Poppie Lane {the shop} orders!
Seriously, I love my customers! You are the best and each time I receive a new order I get so smiley. Poppie Lane just keeps growing and I have all of you to thank for that! :)

{3} Tucker has bronchitis... please keep praying for him. He just can't catch a break.

 {4} To pass the time (when I'm not filling your marvelous orders) I am going to re-organize my home office/craft room.
Right now it's the home office/ craft room/ guest room. Too much going on in one little space. Since Poppie Lane is taking off and growing each month, I need a more efficient work space, so we're getting rid of the guest bed and turning it into a real Poppie Lane work center! (woohoo!) **the above photo is my inspiration - I wish it was what my room looked like!**

{5} Tomorrow is February...
... from tomorrow on people ask me when Tucker's coming home I will say, "hopefully THIS MONTH!"

{6} The Cloth Diaper movement for Ethiopia is exploding! I received TONS of monetary donations last week and I'm going to be ordering lots of cloth diapers this week! I also received donations of cloth diapers from friends and several emails from folks who have said they put boxes of diapers in the mail for us to take over. I am so excited! You may have noticed other bloggers gathering diapers and a couple of you have said that maybe we could work together... WE ARE! :) Sorry if that wasn't clear. We all have the same goal of covering those sweet Ethiopian bums. We all have our own circles of influence and so we're using our platforms to reach as many people as possible. You can donate to me, Lucy Lanes mama, the Emerson's, or Christie... whoever! It's all going to the same cause because we all have a common passion and are all working toward the same goal.

{7} Be sure to tune in this week as I share ways to fund an adoption!




 I really want you to know that if you want to adopt you don't have to be a millionaire!! YOU CAN TOO! :)


11 comments:

leemeandthegirls said...

Hey! I'm loving all you're doing to promote African adoption! I'm actually trying to promote awareness for it right now on my blog, too! I'm selling shirts that say Peace, Love, Africa to raise funds for an orphanage in Ghana. Check it out?
www.leemeandthegirls.blogspot.com
GOD BLESS!

Kit said...

I will be praying for sweet Tucker! I know that you guys CAN NOT wait for trip number 2. I hope that it is REALLY soon!

Pamela said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on. I'm so sorry you couldn't bring your sweetheart back with you. I hope you will get to go back soon.

Love your craft area!

Kristin said...

Praying for Tucker to get better soon and for your trip to be here soon! I sure wish my craft space looked like that one!

Critty said...

I cannot even begin to imagine the fog... I am sure anyone that is in this position must be experiencing it. My heart hurts for you. Praying for you... and for sweet Tucker. Poor baby boy!

I love how you are helping others know they can fund their adoption too.... you amaze me...even in that fog :o)

Andrea said...

Its never easy to be separated from your baby - my heart aches for you!

By the way, I am loving my coasters and earrings! If you ever decide to make a coffee table runner to match the coasters, make sure you let me know! ;)

Kelly said...

I cannot imagine the fog! Praying Tucker feels much better soon!

Alison said...

Will be praying for sweet Tucker and that the time FLIES by until you ge to bring him HOME!!! :)

4 Blessings said...

Praying for Tucker and for travel dates!!!
Love ya,
Amy

Joyeful said...

Healing for Tucker in Jesus' name!!

I am so excited about the new series you are doing "Adoption: You Can Too!" I've just been reading your posts and weeping and completely undone. Lord, help me do all that I can for these little ones you love so much!!

Alicia said...

That's awesome about the diapers, Lauren!! And I'll be praying for Tucker!