1.17.2011

{last day...}

It's 7:30am and our last day in Ethiopia. We fly out at 11:30pm tonight and arrive in DC at 3pm Wednesday. I woke up this morning with a feeling of dread. We plan to soak up every moment with our son, just like we've been doing every day we've been here. I can't fathom the heartbreak this afternoon is going to bring when we have to say goodbye to Tucker. He is a part of us and I know that the next 4-6 weeks are going to be painful. It's like having my heart ripped out every afternoon when we leave to go to the hotel. I so wish I could stay here with him. Please pray for us... we have a very bitter sweet day ahead of us.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Praying for you!

Amy said...

Praying for you. I can't imagine how hard it must be to say goodbye.

trooppetrie said...

I am so excited for you and your new blessing. Did I say I was excited for you. I could shout it I AM THRILLED FOR YOU

Monika said...

Congratulations to successful court and that Tucker is legally your son!

We understand, that this day is really hard for you and next days will be the same. You are in our hearts and we will pray for you!!! Enjoy your last day with Tucker and safe flight to States!

Monika and Honza

Lara said...

I can't imagine what you're going through. Praying that God will fortify you for this last stretch of the journey.

Leigh said...

Praying friend, I know it's going to be one of the hardest things you have ever done. I am already dreading that day.

chloƫ. said...

I've been praying that God's peace overwhelms you when you have to say goodbye. It will be longest 4-6 weeks of your life, but God is faithful to provide strength in our sadness and weakness. And on the bright side, that gives time to plan a welcome home party for him! :]

Joshua and Hilary said...

I mentioned you in my women's bible study this morning and how your heart must be feeling- wanted you to know i'm praying!

Kelli said...

I am so excited for you, I'm sure that the departure will be very difficult! I will pray that God give you the strength to get through the next few weeks!

xoxo
Kelli @ loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

Alison said...

Girl, I seriously cannot imagine. I just can't even comprehend leaving my child like that, although I know we will have to do this with Caroline too. Praying that God gives you His unexplainable comfort and peace!!

Kate said...

Praying for you! And praying that the next 4-6 weeks goes by super fast!!