1.06.2011

{me, stressed??}

Maybe it has something to do with the giant list I have to accomplish to get ready to leave for our trip - in less than a week!! I have very strong emotions going right now... excitement (of course!! I'm meeting my son for the first time!!) nervousness (I hate to fly... repeat HATE) aaaand stress. Yes, I am really overwhelmed by my to-do list right now. We still have SO much to do to get ready. Trips to the store, bank, post office - phone calls to make, emails to respond to, packages to mail - laundry, cleaning, organizing at home, and of course ... packing!

So, with all this whirling around me, I decided to go to one of my favorite photo websites of all time for some calm and inspiration...



I entered "relax" into the search bar and this is what I found to help me through this week...

ahhh yes, a hot cup of love tea... that would definitely help! Especially if I was sipping it while I reclined, oh I don't know, maybe here....



Or maybe some of this would help....
Two of my favorite things! Snow and Starbucks - yes, that would certainly get rid of some of my stress!

But what would be the most fail proof - no doubt about it - for sure way to get rid of my stress this week? If John would finally, pretty please with a cherry on top, let me get one of these... 


{Photo Credit 1, 2, 3, 4}


I'm off again... maybe I'll grab some starbucks on my way to run errands... :/

PS - I just added this adorable set to the shop....

Don't you just love it?

11 comments:

Jill said...

How exciting as you prepare to leave to go meet your son. I understand your hatred towards flying. I will be praying for you asking for an extra blessing of grace & peace for you as you fly. Stop. Take a deep breath.

Jenny said...

NOT looking forward to the flying either... NOT a fan. Me = also stressed right now. 5 million things to do and I feel like I've accomplished 7 of them. AAAAH! Tell John you should get a puppy NOW so that he/she is potty trained by the time you bring Tucker home. And then throw in "Don't you want Tucker to grow up with a dog?! ;-)

Lara said...

You always find the cutest pictures from We Heart It. I never find anything good! Maybe I'm just not hunting hard enough!

Penny said...

You can run to Starbucks and then the pound to pick out your new pooch!! =D

Brookie said...

Everything will get done, Lauren. My prayer for you is that the Lord will stretch your time and you will feel Him measuring and providing your strength for each day.

Andrea said...

Dear John,

Every boy needs a puppy. A puppy would love your son unconditionally and be his best friend for life. Not to mention the responsibility your son would learn from having to take care of the dog. Also, if your dog misbehaves, you can give it a time out in its kennel. Not to mention your new furry friend would bring an untold amount of comfort and protection for your lovely wife in the event you have to go away for a day or two.

Did I mention the kennel?

Sincerely,
A concerned friend (and yes, I do have a dog. My husband caved. You will, too eventually, so why put it off? :P )

Sara said...

Oh Lauren, I totally understand. We don't leave for 2 weeks but I am still so overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done and yet I find myself procrastinating because I'm overwhelmed. A vicious cycle! Being busy will definitely make the time pass sooo much faster though! Can't wait to hear the details of your trip!

Sara

danielle @ take heart said...

so excited for you, my friend!!

Critty said...

So excited for you and the things coming your way. I know it must be overwhelming but I promise everything will get done and the flight will be wonderful because you will be going to see your sweet, sweet boy.

Praying for you, John, and Tucker...lots!
<3

Dear Lillie said...

I am so excited for you Lauren!

Kristin said...

Awwww.....those are great pics for stress relief! I love that mug one and the puppy is so cute :) And starbucks is always a great stress reliever to me!! I will be praying for your flight....I remember us talking about how much you hated it. I'm the same way. I'm so sad that my blogger friends went to visit Veronica in CA this weekend and I didn't go because I was too scared. In your case though, I know you'll be just fine once you set eyes on your sweet boy!