1.16.2011

{a perfect day}

We had the perfect day with our son today! He was sound asleep wrapped up in blankets in his little bed when we got there. We were supposed to meet with the director about our court date with all the other families. They were all following the rules and went straight to her office, but I just couldn't stand to not see my boy. So I ran up to his bed, scooped him right out of it, grabbed a bottle, and then went to the office. One other family was bad with us - so there were 2 babies in the meeting. :) Then we had all day with our sweet boy.

He is SUCH a good baby! He eats a lot and sleeps so peacefully. He never cries and hardly ever fusses. We walked around with him for awhile, laid him on the floor and played with him... then gave him another bottle and he fell asleep in my arms again. Then he woke up and we played more - then it was bath time! Seriously SO cute to watch his "special mother" give him a bath. After bath time he played with Daddy for a long time and then had another bottle. We went outside and he laid in  my lap while we tried to get him to smile more. I started to tickle him and he smiled a lot then all of a sudden he started breathing heavy and let out a laugh! It was his first laugh ever!! SUCH a special moment for us... then he laughed again and got the hiccups! It was too funny!


We had to say goodbye at 4pm. So hard to do... he was content when we left but I cried... this mama does NOT like to leave her little one! I can't imagine how hard Tuesday will be... I'm dreading it already.

We have court tomorrow at 1pm - please pray for us!!! It will be 5am eastern time in the states!

17 comments:

Summerbaby7992 said...

Aw! I am SO happy for you guys! This is the sweetest thing and I love that you got to hear his first laugh, that is so special! You guys are going to be amazing parents!

Leigh said...

So glad you had another awesome day with Tucker! Praying court goes beautifully!

4 Blessings said...

Loving the updates. Praying for your court date and for Tuesday.
Love ya,
Amy

*Ashley Lou* said...

Praying that God comforts and strengthens you Tuesday. I don't think any of us on this side have any idea what to expect with our emotions after we leave trip #1...But God is faithful and I believe he will carry all of us through it!

KaylaDanielle said...

I don't think I've left a comment here before, but I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of your family so much since you've left for ethiopia. I am so happy for you and I can feel your joy through your words!

Jenn said...

So very happy for you!! Sending up prayers to the Father for a smooth court day, and for Him to cradle your heart and sustain you when Tuesday comes. Blessings to you!

Danielle said...

I am thrilled for you two! What a beautiful, amazing blessing...especially after waiting for so long. Praying that court goes perfectly tomorrow :)

Jim and April said...

oh lauren you must be on cloud 1 billion right now! So SUPER happy for you guys and tucker! so happy he is finally in mommy and daddy's arm and HOW AWESOME that you got to hear his first laugh!

Critty said...

What an amazing day your little family had...and I absolutely adore that he laughed his first time for his Mommy!!

Praying for your court date!

Alison said...

Oh, I am just so HAPPY for ya'll!! Praying that the court appt. goes great!! I know it must feel so amazing to have Tucker in your arms!!! Praise God!!

Rachel M. said...

I am so enjoying reading the updates as everyone else!
How precious :D
Praying that the court date will go so smoothly and such a peace from our heavenly Father over every detail!
Blessings,
Rachel

Future Mama said...

Soooo sweet!!!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

MamaMimi said...

LOVE that you broke the rules and snatched up your little boy...but love even MORE that you got experience his first laugh! Too cool. Praying for you on Tuesday.

Angela Hunt said...

I LOVE reading these updates! I'll be praying!

BARBIE said...

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special first moments with your son. Praying your court date will go smoothly!

Alicia said...

Will be praying, Lauren! This is so awesome!

OceanDreams said...

very precious and hope everything at court goes well!