1.12.2011

We're Off!!

We're heading out the door and I'm still pinching myself! I can't believe that in just a few short days I'll have my little boy in my arms!! :)

Please pray for us, specifically:

*safe driving to D.C today (spending the night with John's brother)
*safe flights tomorrow (plane takes off at 7pm from D.C and arrives in Germany Friday morning - then we take off again at noon and arrive in Ethiopia Friday evening around 8pm)
*a wonderful meeting with Tucker! We meet him Saturday morning (you'll all be asleep Friday night while we're holding our little guy for the first time.)
*THAT WE WOULD PASS COURT ON MONDAY THE 17th!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for this. It will be Sunday night - if you would wake up to say a short prayer for us, or at least pray before you go to sleep it would be much appreciated!!
*that our hearts won't break in two when we have to say goodbye to Tucker for the trip back on Tuesday. I am dreading that moment. 
*safe flying back to the states - we fly out of Ethiopia Tuesday around midnight and will fly back into Dulles Wednesday around 3pm.
*a fast embassy date so that we can turn right back around in a few weeks to bring our son home!!

Thank you so much for the prayers, excitement, and encouragement! Just a reminder for all you who have commented about pictures: We will NOT be able to post any pictures of Tucker until he is a US citizen. That will not happen until our 2nd trip - so you have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid. So sorry to those who were confused and thought they might get a glimpse this week. :( We'll post as soon as we can on that second trip!!

24 comments:

Leigh said...

Praying sweet friend!!!

Baily Jones said...

I will pray for you! So glad you are getting to see sweet Tucker and hold him, I hate that you have to leave him though :(
Such awesome parents!! peace and love.

pickingwildflowersblog.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

you know i'm praying for all of us! see you soon, friend!!!

Lara said...

Eek I can't believe its finally here! I am so happy for you. You deserve to be a mama by now!

meredith and justin said...

Praying for all of you that are traveling this week. I am so excited for you.

Kristin said...

Praying for you!!! So excited and can't wait to hear all about your trip! Oh, by the way, I got my red earrings and they are awesome! My girls loved them too!! :)

danielle @ take heart said...

you're on my heart!

MamaMimi said...

Just spent time in prayer for each of these things specifically. We will continue to pray throughout the week. Be safe, and HAVE FUN! I'm sure it will go by quickly, so enjoy the moment! Can't wait to hear about it when you come back {and don't forget to scope out any new baby girls for ME! =) }

JDaniel4's Mom said...

You are in my prayers! Hoping and praying for save travels.

lindsey said...

SO excited!!!! Praying for you and your family!!!

Jenn said...

So excited for you!!! You are in my prayers!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Awwww! YAY!!!! Excited for you! Will def be saying some prayers for ya'll!!! Safe travels sweet friend <333

Future Mama said...

Hurray!!!

We will be praying :-)
Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

Melinda said...

Praying you through till the end
:-)
SO very excited for you!!

Brookie said...

Oh, Lauren - I didn't realize that you won't be bringing Tucker home on this trip. My heart breaks for you about that.
You will be covered in prayer for the duration of your trip - especially that good-bye.

Laurie said...

Praying for a safe trip and you'll get to have Tucker very soon!!

Jim and April said...

oh Lauren, i am SO pumped for you guys! I will look forward to hearing all about your trip once you get back! Praying for safe travels!

Critty said...

Will be praying through the specifics you listed as well as just praying anytime I think of you and John (which will be often I am sure!!)

I am so excited you get to hold your sweet boy in your arms!! Soon and very soon he will be home. <3

Nicole said...

Praying for safe travels, passing court and the joy of meeting Tucker!

Alison said...

So excited for ya'll!! Can't to wait to hear all about sweet baby Tucker!!

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

Lauren- I have been praying with you since we first met two years ago and now excited beyond words to hear you are finally going to meet your son. God will carry you through each step!

Blessings and hugs,
Jill

BARBIE said...

Bursting with excitement for you. Praying for safe travels and that everything falls into place!

Darcee said...

*PRAYING* Can't wait to hear all about your sweet little boy!! ♥

Katie said...

So happy for you, I can't wait to see Tucker but I guess I have to wait, boo!! I will be praying for you all!!