2.08.2011

{packed day!}

... literally! We've got so much to do! I really thought I would be so much more prepared for this trip since we've done it once before. But this time is different in so many ways! 


For one, this time we're packing for three!!!!

Also, we're taking back a LOT more donations (with a TON of diapers!) for the transition home and orphanage! 


We not only need to leave the house super duper clean (because who likes coming home to a messy house?) BUT we also have to leave the house ready for a baby to come home to! :) That means the pack n' play is being set up right next to our bed, the car seat is being installed, the nursery is done, diapers are ready, formula is waiting with clean bottles... all things that make us super happy, but certainly add to the amount of preparing! 


One thing that is D-O-N-E ... all your Poppie Lane orders! I got a ton last week and this weekend and I wasn't sure how I was going to get them all out before our trip, but I did it! It's such a relief! Now I am officially on vacation...

We're getting through our list and getting it all done. By tomorrow morning the car will be packed and we'll be on our happy little way!

21 comments:

MamaMimi said...

Yay!!!!! So excited for you girl! Bring that boy home =)

Bill and Dawn said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip back to your son!!

Teresa said...

thanks for squeezing me in. i know it must be hard to get it all done and feel ok by the time you leave!
love you!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Ahhhh!!!!! {screaming for joy} SO EXCITED FOR Y'ALL!!!! LOVE that picture!!!! Praying for you! <3

Shonni said...

So very soon your little one will be in your arms for good! Praise the LORD.

LORIENDEVON said...

Love to you Lauren as you leave on this trip! We will be praying for safety and a quick trip home with sweet Tucker. Can't wait to meet him:)

John and Shannon said...

I feel so out of touch! We've been so preoccupied with our own 1st trip. I'm so excited for you guys! Praying for safe travels and a wonderful 2nd and final meeting with your baby boy! YAY :-)

Mandi said...

Praising the Lord for this milestone in your journey...you are on your way to your son! I've been reading your blog for oh over a year now, and it's such a joy to see these prayers & dreams realized. Blessings...after all this time we are finally in the paperwork race to bring home our two preschoolers from Uganda. :)

4 Blessings said...

I am crazy excited for you! I can't wait to hear that you guys are home. Don't think that the thought has not crossed my mind to drive to your airport and welcome you guys home ;)

Don't stress about all the details, it will all come together. Email me like last time if you get a chance!
Blessings,
Amy

Alison said...

YAY!!!! I am just so excited for ya'll!! Can't wait to see pics of baby Tucker in your arms!! :)

Danielle said...

Yay!! I'm so excited and happy for you! Praying for safe travels and looking forward to seeing pictures of your sweet Tucker :)

Anna said...

oh... takes me back in time. I remember how it felt. Savor every moment. We are looking forward to seeing photos....

Venessa said...

How exciting is this! I hope you all have a wonderful trip and can not wait to see pics of your family!

Angie said...

Woohoo!!! I am so excited for you! For weeks I've had that picture of you holding Tucker in my head and you talking about his baby smell. I cannot begin to imagine how excited you guys are. When you come home you'll have a baby with you! Ok, I think I'm going to start crying...LOL.

Angie
Linen + verbena

Blessed Single Mom said...

I've been silently following your journey for awhile and I'm so excited for all of you. I hope and pray you have a great time bring your son home!
Julie

Kristin said...

So exciting!!! I bet you can hardly contain yourself!!! Tucker will be HOME soon!!! LOVE that!!!!

BARBIE said...

I am so happy for you! Safe travels! Cannot wait to see more pictures of your new son!

Alicia said...

So exciting, Lauren!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!

Kimberly said...

Woohoo!!!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Ecstatic for you Lauren. Wow. God is writing another beautiful chapter in your life story. Praying for safe travels. Can't wait to hear you are home together - a new family!

Rejoicing with you. xox

Warren Baldwin said...

Good news, congratuations, and prayers with/for you guys.