3.15.2011

{inspiration}

I am finally re-organizing, re-arranging, and re-designing my studio. For over a year it's been an office/guest room/craft room. Not any more! We took out the guest bed the other week and the old bookshelf is on it's way out the door as well. My computer/blogging desk will stay where it is and my desk I had growing up will be arriving from my parents house soon! It will go on the opposite wall and serve as my creating desk. All my crafting/designing will be done there. A big comfy cushy chair from my grandmother has been placed in one corner along with a beautiful antique coffee table that belonged to John's grandmother. The walls are already painted the breath of blue I wanted and the airy white curtains are up! I got this adorable fabric last week and re-covered the chair that sits at my computer desk.

So what's left you ask? Lot's actually! I need to get the desk from my parents and paint it white. I also want to paint my computer desk white (and maybe distress it a little.) Then I have several adorable little things I've been collecting/creating to hang on the walls... hoop art, pictures, antique frames, decorative plates, ect... It's all those last minute decorative touches that take time and make a room unique and "yours." I found some fabulous inspiration at pinterest today...

I adore the bright splash of color in this white room!

Again, the bright lightness with a splash of color. Plus, how adorable are those love letters??

Okay this is just cool! I never would have thought of attaching fabric flowers to a frame. Can you guess what I'll be making to go on my wall?? You know it!!

What do you think? Any cool places I can go to spend more time drooling and getting inspired?


12 comments:

laura said...

ummm....agreed about the frame. we're pros at fabric flowers.;)

Clay in the Potter's Hand said...

Love the poppie frame idea! You should add that to your shop!

Future Mama said...

SOOOO neat! Can't wait to see the final product.

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

MamaMimi said...

OH MY GOSH! That dresser is like IDENTICAL to what I am looking for for my Lil Miss' room! Any tips on where to find one under $200??? =)

Laura said...

What gorgeous pictures!!

Alicia said...

I love how everything looks so clean, and then there is that "pop" of color around!

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

i adore the love vignette!!! gorgeous! you are going to have fun putting it all together and i can't wait to see the finished product.

the industrial cottage said...

I love the frame! I can't wait to see yours.

Allison said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I love that flower frame! So adorable...I want to make one right now! How cute would this be as a spring wreath on the front door too?
Lovely!

Bonita Rose said...

I just found you! I hv been organizing my studio lately too.. come visit my blog and scroll down... I've added your blog badge to my sidebar.. hugs to you xo
I'm just learning to sew!

Nicole said...

I think you should make some of those frames for your poppie lane store. I would definately buy one depending on the color scheme!

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Love all of the ideas. Can't wait to see your finished room.

Great flower frame idea. Way cool!


:) :) :)