3.25.2011

{week in review: big haircut!}



Filled With Praise


{Low: more sickness}
I feel like our house is germ central and has been for the last 5 weeks. We came home from Ethiopia with a horrible bacterial infection - then we had trouble shaking our colds - poor Tucker Mareto is just trying as hard as he can to get healthy with little success - and then John comes down with a fever and awful cough this Monday. Of course he is too kind and loving to keep things to himself, so he shared with me and our son. Now all 3 of us are coughing all night long and feeling mopey. :/ Oh PLEASE let health come back to our house soon! Our bodies are so wiped out - so we sleep a lot!

{High: Big Haircut!}
Shortly after returning home as a new mom I decided I needed to chop my hair off because my son loved to yank on it. I asked your advice in this post, and the response was overwhelmingly in favor of NOT cutting it. I agreed that even with shorter hair he would still pull it, and I have thrown my hair up in a bun for the last 5 weeks. Well, a couple weeks ago I still felt like I wanted to cut it, but for better reasons this time. First, it was taking me a good 20 minutes to blow dry my hair every day. That's just too much time! I had to do it though because I despise the feeling of wet hair on my head. Also, I was so sick of my bun, but knew there was no way I had time to both dry and style my hair... but with shorter hair I would. So, I spent the last couple weeks looking at hundreds of pictures to find a shorter style that wouldn't be too short, and I made an appt. Last night I chopped about 5-6 inches off my hair and I LOVE IT! (also, it took me 5 minutes to dry it this morning and less than 10 minutes to style!)


(please excuse the bloodshot eyes and pale look - I don't feel so great today :/)


{Lesson learned this week}
"Where no counsel [is], the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors [there is] safety." Proverbs 11:14
You all were so right - I was wanting to cut my hair for the wrong reasons and I may have regretted it if I chopped it right after coming home. Your advice made me think about it longer and really choose something that works for me. :) Nothing ever wrong with asking for other's wisdom! :)

41 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, I love it!!!

Kim said...

Oops, wrong account :O).

Kim said...

Who comments with the wrong account twice? LOL!

4 Blessings said...

I LOVE the new look. SO cute!

BOO for being sick. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Love ya,
Amy

He & Me + 3 said...

Your hair is always gorgeous. Love the bouncing flowing curls...beautiful.

Amy said...

Lauren, You are a beauty! Love your new cut, perfect for Spring and for a fun "new momma pick-me-up". I am so sorry you all have continued with illness. No fun for sure!
Love and hugs to all 3 of you,
Amy

Kristin said...

I think you look beautiful, as always! I love it!! Hope everyone gets better soon! We've all been pretty mopey around here too with sicknesses.

Amy said...

I love the new haircut! Beautiful! :)

Kelly said...

Love your haircut!!!

Praying for healing for all 3 of you!

Anna said...

for starters, I LOVE the haircut. It looks like its still long enough to pull back if necessary too which is a huge bonus. Second. Make sure you are eating right and take a multivitamin, extra bs and ds as well as while you are down. ( I took childrens gummy vitamins when we got home because I was so queasy and off my game. The bs you can get sublingual and they help with the energy. You can get C in a chewable or drink good juices. When I really focused on my vitamins my health improved and my outlook. Your body and emotions have been through alot. They dont call it a paper pregnancy for nothing! ;) I have some sleeping photos too and got my hair cut alot shorter than yours when we returned home. But thats best on me with my very fine textured hair. Best wishes. XXOO

Nicole said...

I LOVE, LOVE it!!!! Your hair is gorgeous! I'm so glad you didn't cut it all off! Nicole

Kate said...

We are all sick, too! Love the hair!! Feel better soon!!

Alison said...

LOVE your new haircut!! I am so glad that you did not chop it all off! Your hair is way too beautiful to do that! Hope that ya'll feel better soon!!!

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darla said...

Looks so great! Glad you weren't hasty and took your time on it, and now you love it! So perfect for you!

Kelly said...

Your low is a bit like mine!! Sorry to hear that you all have been sick too. I am with Alison..glad you didn't cut your hair too short. It looks really good!!

I loved your comment about spotting the Poppie Lane headbands. My girls wear theirs all the time!!

Get well soon!

Future Mama said...

SOOOOO cute! Love it!!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

Audrey @ The Brown Brigade said...

I love your hair! And I hope you all feel better very soon.

Franchesca said...

VERY cute!!! :)

Critty said...

So sorry all three of you are still feeling bad. Praying for each of you and that this sickness that keeps invading your home would go away quickly!

LOVE the hair. So beautiful! And I love your little clip...you make the cutest things!

Princess Katie said...

So sad that you all are sick. :-(
I'm sick, too. Writing this in the ER.

You're hair looks great, though! I am having a major dilemma with my hair since it is long enough to donate now, but I don't want to cut THAT much off! It is about the length yours was. It is just too long to manage with my day-to-day illness and nanny work.

I wanted to share my new favorite hair product with you. Suave's new professional styling products includes a dry shampoo you spray on. It is under $3 and it gives me an extra day of hair since styling is so time consuming. It makes a big difference for gals with our hair color since our second day hair shows oil much more! :-)

Melissa said...

I love your haircut- It's super cute and fresh! :)

Summerbaby7992 said...

and you still look just as beautiful as ever!
Lauren Casper > Sleeping Beauty

MamaMimi said...

You're hair looks great! It's still long (and SO YOU!) but probably a lot easier to manage!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

I hope you are all feeling better soon! Your haircut is so cute! Beautiful! :)

Joyeful said...

Praying for you right now!! I know how awful it feels when you and your little one aren't feeling well! Praying strength and health returns in jesus' name!!

Love your new haircut and that pic of you with sweet Tucker sleeping :)

Monika said...

Nice haircut!!!
I´m praying for health in your family!!! Take care and I hope you feel better soon!!!

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Love the haircut. Still long enough to put up in a bun when you want to, but short enough to do some other fun styles with, as well.

Cute!

Alicia said...

Lauren! I think it looks great!! So beautiful!!

Stephanie said...

I can relate on the sickness front ... but your hair looks great! :)

New follower from the hop, hope you can stop by when you get a chance
http://henryhappened.blogspot.com/

thedarlingmachine said...

I am so thankful to have come across your blog recently. It is inspirational and just nice to read. Beautiful haircut, and prayers for your sweet boy. <3

Lisa (Berksgirl) said...

Hi there!

I'm a new follower from Making Friends Monday!

Looking forward to reading your blog!

~Lisa
berksgirl.blogspot.com

A Place For Every-Thing said...

I love the hair cut! I am here from Making Friends Monday. I am your newest follower.

www.placeforevery-thing.com

Heather said...

Hi! New follower from the hop! Love the hair!!!

Have a great Monday!

Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

Susan W. said...

Hello...new follower from the hop! Congrats on being the spotlight blog:-)
www.fingerclicksaver.com come visit soon and return the follow if you wish.

Belly Charms said...

Love the haircut. I cut mine up to my shoulders after my second son was born:) Congrats on the feature spot Making Friends Monday. I am a new follower from http://www.bellycharmsblog.com

Coupons Equal Cash said...

I love your new haircut! I am a new follower from MFM. Can't wait to more of your posts.
Lesa
http://www.couponsequalcash.com/

Angelica Hawkins- Pixie Vacations said...

I know how you feel. We seem to pass everything to each other at our house. Once one of the kids, I am doomed to get it. My hubby never gets sick (not fair).

I love your hair! Very pretty :)

I am a new follower from the blog hop. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Heidi said...

Great haircut. I'm a new follower (and adoptive mom) who popped over from the blog hop. I hope you'll visit and follow my blog also. :)

danielle @ take heart said...

your hair looks fabulous! you are so beautiful!

Katie said...

Beautiful!