4.25.2011

{Easter Recap}

What a wonderful Easter Sunday we had!! It was so special to share our first big holiday with Mareto. Saturday night like Christmas Eve for me as I laid my boy in his crib with his Easter Bunny pj's on and set his little Easter basket on the fireplace. He must have been excited too because he woke up at 6:30am ready to start the day!

We always have lots of morning snuggle time in mommy and daddy's bed. At least 30 minutes (sometimes and hour or more.)

Then, once the coffee is finished brewing, we head on out to the living room to find... the Easter bunny came and he brought Mareto two bunnies!!


After breakfast and a morning nap (for him - that's my chance for a shower) we got dressed and waited for Pap and Grandma to show up. Then we all walked over to church (have I ever mentioned we literally live next door to church?) There was a big refreshment time and then the Easter service. It was so special to be sandwiched between my parents and husband with my little boy. He did so great in church! Only at the last 10 minutes did he get loud, so daddy took him out until the closing song. Then we all walked back home for a couple pictures...

(I love this one because of his super chubby legs and adorable smile)

(first family holiday picture)

It was a tradition when I was little to take family pictures in our Easter clothes. Each year we always got a new dress, new shoes, and a hat. This year Mareto was wearing a new outfit bought by Kristina (mom to his flirting pal, Eden) and I got myself a new dress too! I haven't bought a new Easter dress in years! 

After church we all went over to my parents house for the day. We grilled steaks and had a huge Easter dinner. There was lots of playing outside with the puppy and loving on grandparents... did I mention it was almost 90 degrees here yesterday? Yea, HOT. But I loved it. There wasn't much napping because Mareto really just likes his crib and his own room. We tried but failed. Oh well. We came home just in time for a bath and bed. 

I wish I had pictures from my parents, but they're all on my mom's camera - I will work on getting them from here because there are some cute ones! :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday as well. It's my favorite holiday of the year. Filled with HOPE and the promise of Eternal Life. All about Jesus - the one who conquered death for our sake. New life sprouting up all around reminds us of the New Life within us because of Jesus. No pressure for gifts, no expectations, just a beautiful day worshiping the Lord and celebrating with family... can't wait for next year! :)

12 comments:

Linda said...

So glad you had a lovely Easter day with your precious little Mareto and hubby...and your parents.

Alely said...

love mateo's chubby legs! glad you had a wonderful 1st easter together as a family.

{amy} said...

What a wonderful first Easter with Mareto!

BARBIE said...

Sounds like a beautiful Easter! How wonderful that you can walk to church.

Kate said...

What a fun time! Yea for firsts!! Love the family picture, beautiful!!

Kim said...

Such a beautiful family! He is too cute!!

Kelly said...

What adorable pictures! I was reading your post when Lily woke up from her nap, so she saw the pictures and she kept saying "baby, baby" and blowing him kisses! :)

Future Mama said...

CUTE family picture!! Just love it!!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

Kristen Love said...

I am so, so, so very happy for you! You and your family look GREAT! Love, Kristen

Claire Kiefer said...

Well, y'all might be the cutest family I've ever seen. You look so great in that dress (which is so cute!) and Mareto couldn't be more precious--I love him with his hand shoved in his mouth! He's getting cuter by the day. :)

Kristin said...

Those pictures are just so beautiful!! Priceless! I love Mareto's little bunny PJ's too :) My heart is so happy for your first Easter as a family!

Carrie said...

It just gives me a huge smile to see you guys with your son finally! He is so precious, and you guys are beaming! Mareto is just cute as the dickens!
I love your necklace; aren't they the best!