4.01.2011

{let's glimmer!}

Have you heard of project: glimmer? If not, you definitely need to check it out. I went to High School with a girl named Susan. We were in orchestra together all 4 years and that meant we bonded over the awful puffed sleeved black bed sheets they made us wear for each concert. :/ Susan and I lost touch after High School, but because the internet makes everyone's world smaller, we have gotten back in touch! yay :) Susan is one of the sweetest people  I know and she's made it her mission to make this world a better place... one act of kindness at a time. She's calling it the Project: Glimmer... showing that each act of kindness is a glimmer of hope! You want to be a part of this - trust me you do! I received a batch of 20 glimmer cards in the mail yesterday. Each card explains the mission of the project and you're supposed to leave them with whoever you bless, then they can go on and pay it forward! I can't wait to start sending them out into the world!

So, for my first glimmer Friday I made the subject of my act of kindness Carrie. I decided to sign on with Life Made Lovely for a little hoop art swap! Seriously, bloggers do come up with the cutest and most creative ideas! Carrie was my partner for the swap and we exchanged emails sharing our color preferences and such. I went on to make my hoop art for Carrie with her favorite color combo (red and aqua.) I was getting ready to package it up and I thought, "you know, I bet she'd like a brooch in red and aqua." So I whipped up this little cutie...

...and will send it on with the hoop art. It's small, but just an extra little something that I hope brightens her day! :)
Have you gone out of your way (big or small) to be a blessing to someone this week? Tell us about it and then link up with Project: Glimmer! I can't wait to read about all the joy going out into the world this week!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

You should totally make some of those for your shop!! I LOVE the hoop art.....I just really love stuff like that right now! And the brooch is so pretty too! That is my favorite color combo right now too!! And what a great idea for sending some joy out into the world. Love it!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Those are beautiful!! What a lovely thing to do.

Mattie said...

So cute and what a wonderful idea!!!

Amy said...

Cute!! & such a great idea! :)

Resourceful Red said...

You come up with the CUTEST ideas!!!


http://resourcefulred.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I love this! :) Thank you so much!!! AND I JUST NOTICED YOU PUT MY "heart glimmer" ON YOUR BLOG! You completely made my day! Thank you so so much Lauren.

-Susan with www.theprojectglimmer.com

Alicia said...

What a great idea!!

And I love what you made. It's so beautiful and bright! She will love it!