4.20.2011

{mother's day gift}

I am so excited for Mother's Day this year!! This is the first year that I've actually looked forward to this day... the last 5 had been so so dreaded. But not this year, this year I have a little boy to snuggle with and remind me that motherhood truly is a gift (not a right, not something that every woman automatically gets to have) but a precious honor and privilege.

Yesterday I thought it would be fun to whip up a fun little Mother's Day special for the shop. I came up with this sweet little combination:

Mom hoop art with a coordinating brooch

I love the home filled with love and the cute little rosette

the spring colors in this brooch are just gorgeous

This set is only $20 -- a great deal!! Is there a mother in your life who would love this special handmade gift that helps bring another child into their forever family? I really can't think of a more perfect Mother's Day gift! Check it out in the shop and order yours by April 29th to guarantee a delivery in time for Mother's Day! :)

5 comments:

Alison said...

So cute!!! That would be a great Mother's Day gift! And I just wanted to say thanks again for all that you're doing for us! I can't even tell you how much we appreciate it! You are such a blessing!!!

Kristin said...

That is so pretty! And I am so happy that you are looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day this year! Mother's Day has always been my favorite holiday, not because I'm a mom, but because I always was so thankful to have been given the Mom that I was by God through the miracle of adoption! It truly was the best gift ever!

Franchesca said...

This is so adorable Lauren :) I totally agree with you- motherhood is a precious precious gift. I am so glad and thankful that Mareto will be here for you to snuggle with on Mother's Day ♥

Mattie said...

So beautiful! Motherhood is a gift and the past 2 years have taught me that motherhood comes in many shapes and forms and just because you only hold a child in your heart (not your arms) does not make you any less of a mother. You have been a mother in your heart for years and how beautiful that you have your precious son here with you now!

Bonita Rose said...

I love your set.. so so beautiful.. I am so into hoop art lately too.. see my previous post here,

http://alifeunrehearsed2.blogspot.com/2011/04/gussy-inspired-hoop-art-this-afternoon.html

and if you like.. read about my hoop art project here!


http://alifeunrehearsed2.blogspot.com/p/hoop-art-join-me.html

I collect wooden embroidery hoops everywhere I see them!

hugs, bonitarose xo
happy easter to you