5.24.2011

{Mareto Update}

We had another trip to the doctor today. We got more detailed results from the blood and urine cultures taken at the hospital on Friday. Mareto does indeed have a urinary tract and kidney infection. Poor little guy. They already told us that this is what they thought was going on, but it was confirmed today. He's had two BIG shots of medication to help get rid of the infection and today he starts another round of medication, these to be taken orally thank goodness! The children's hospital is scheduling a couple of additional tests on Mareto. One is an ultrasound of his kidney's to make sure that they are functioning properly and the other is so unpleasant sounding that I refuse to describe it here. I'm not looking forward to it.

He is doing much better today. He only had a small fever this morning and no diarrhea all day long. His temperature went down to completely normal this afternoon, but then spiked back up a bit this evening before bed. He starting having small amounts of formula yesterday morning has kept it all down. He did lose some weight through all this, but those who know him know that he had weight to spare! He'll gain it back in no time at all. Overall he was a much happier baby today it was so good to have his smile back. :)

Thank you for your prayers!

10 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

It has got to be hard to see him struggle with this. Glad he is on the mend.

Alison said...

I am so, so sorry, Lauren! Carson got a urinary tract infection when he was little and had to be catheterized for the radiologist to look at his urinary function. It was awful!!! I couldn't even go. I had to get Jody to do it, and he said it was horrible. I am praying that this is NOT what Mareto has to go through!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh no... poor little guy. I feel so bad for him. As having spent a lot of time dealing with the same thing, I know how awful and painful and unpleasant it is. Praying for sweet Mareto!

Brittany said...

I will keep praying. I'm glad he is feeling better and you know what the problem is. I'm sure that's such a relief to you guys!

BARBIE said...

So thankful he's feeling better. Will continue to pray for complete healing!

Laurie said...

I'm glad he is doing better and I'm still praying for sweet little Mareto.

Kim said...

I will continue to keep your sweet boy in my thoughts and prayers!!

{amy} said...

I'm glad he's doing better & will continue to keep y'all in my prayers!

Chelsie Denson said...

so glad he is doing better!

Bobbi said...

Ugh...you're right...those tests are awful on MomEs...I'll be praying for you both!