5.25.2011

my schizophrenic blog

**You're in the right place! Keep reading!**

Mareto is having a great day so far! See the post below for the most recent update.Temperature is normal, no diarrhea, and he's eating better. Now that he's doing so well, I have time to share this post I've been saving...

I've had this blog for about 2 1/2 years. Since then it has had three names (Walking By Faith, Living By Faith, and Poppie Lane), and undergone 5 or 6 design changes. Design changes are partly due to my love of design and decorating. Ask my family - I repaint rooms in our home, furniture, and accessories on a whim all the time. There are probably 20 buckets of paint in our garage right now. :/ My blog is a little like my internet home and I get the urge to change it up quite often. So I'm sure you can tell where this is all leading... yep, I'm changing things up once again!

I switched the blog over to become Poppie Lane back in December. The shop was in full swing and business was growing like crazy. We were about a month away from our first trip to Ethiopia and I was fundraising like mad to get the last of the funds together. I did a lot of research, taught myself all kinds of business tricks, and really got quite enamored with the handmade/ small business community. After our first trip to Ethiopia I came back so enthusiastic about helping other families be united with their children through Poppie Lane. I still feel passionately about that and am thrilled that I have been able to use Poppie Lane for that purpose for the last two months. I will continue to use my shop for that purpose as long as I am able.

In February we brought home this little butterball of delight...
He fills us with joy and contentment. He also fills just about every waking moment of my day! That is NOT a complaint... far from it! But after weeks of feeling stressed out and overwhelmed I decided to step back and review the things filling my life and put them in proper perspective. While being very involved in the handmade business community was great for me 6 months ago, it is no longer the place I need to be spending the majority of my time. To be honest, Poppie Lane {the blog} has been stressing me out. The shop hasn't really been an issue and I am somehow able to find the time to fill orders pretty easily. The blog is another story. I feel that the name and design of the blog should reflect the content. So I've felt pressured to write about the business and crafting stuff a lot. That's just not where 99% of my life is right now and so the blog doesn't really reflect me.

Soooo... my little internet home with be undergoing yet another name and design change. It will reflect more of what our lives are about right now... our little family of 3. Lot's of posts will be fairly simple about our day to day life. I am still quite passionate about adoption and orphan care as well as ministry in general. So I'm sure you'll get plenty of that when you visit too. A Poppie Lane post will make it's way in here every now and then too, especially when it comes time to introduce a new partnering family.

Also, I have several advertisers that have contracted through most of the summer and I will continue each contract until they're finished, but I am not accepting any new advertisers at this time. (Again, less pressure.)

So be on the lookout for my new design that I'll be putting up shortly (or maybe it's already up by the time you're reading this) and I hope you stick around even though I have the tendency to change things up quite often! :)

16 comments:

Anna said...

Completely understand! Ive been searching paint swatches lately.....
before you know it life will be different. Your little one will be like mine, 17 years old and 6 ft 2. Where did the time go???? Im just so glad I made the choices I did. no regrets.

BARBIE said...

I think I've been following your blog since it was "Walking by Faith". I've been with you through the changes, and miss all of the more personal posts about your beautiful family. I love what you've done so far. Can't wait to see more and hear more about the direction God is giving you for this blog.

Future Mama said...

Oh my! You did see my Leaves of Love tree ministry, right?! Is that were you get the idea for the new title of the blog?

http://leavesoflove.blogspot.com/

Much love,
Future Mama

Natalie said...

It looks beautiful! I Think that is a great decision : ) So glad to hear your little boy is feeling better...praise the Lord!

Kim said...

It looks great!!

So grateful that your sweetie pie is feeling better, you must have been one scared mama!

Linda said...

A Momma's gotta do what a Momma's gotta do...right? (:>)

I can totally understand how your life has changed lately with the addition of little Mareto!

Blessings to you sweetie.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Critty said...

I like the new name and I am one to change things up so I understand :)

I really like how this seems like the best reflection of your new chapter in your story. It's like as your grow and learn so does your little internet home!

Alison said...

Love the new look and name change! I wish you would sprinkle some of your creativity on me! :) I am so bad about NEVER changing anything! :)

G said...

I LOVE it! :)

Jess said...

LOVE does make a family! Great new design!

Rachel M. said...

That is great that Mareto is feeling better!!

Blessings,
Rachel

Maria @ The Trochelmans said...

I love it! Especially the "Our Home" tab on the right! When you redid your kitchen way back when, I fell in love with it and modeled your design when we moved into our new home back in Feb...only I had to go off of memory! :)

Lara said...

I like! Stay true to yourself. My little blog hasn't changed names, but the content is definitely schizophrenic at times!

BTW,

Cade has the shark shirt Mareto is wearing on your header pics :-)

Kristin said...

Love your new look and name! I totally understand. I had the best of intentions and dreams of my handmade business, but family comes first and I just didn't feel like it was right to spend time on it and be stressed, which definitely affects my attitude when it comes to my family. I'm not sure if I will ever do anything with it and I'm okay with that!

Venessa said...

I think I have seen all the designs and name changes and the thing is, I love to still read! I totally understand about all the changes with the design and content. I am sorta feeling the same way since baby DLC came home! Love the new look!

Christina said...

Love your new design. It's a good thing to change, especially with graphic design...keep things fresh :)

Happy 8 months to your bundle of joy!