6.23.2011

embrace the camera: family day

Linking up with Emily again for another embrace the camera... it might be my last for awhile because my camera decided that it hates me and won't work anymore. In fact, it happened right after I took the following pictures. :/ I'm hoping it will magically start working again since I can't exactly afford to just run out and buy a new one! Anywhoo... check out Emily's blog - it's loads of fun!


Every Monday is our family day. I look forward to Monday's all week long. Most people hate Monday's, but when you're a ministry family that's your day off! John doesn't have to work and he usually is able to put off all seminary homework until Tuesday. Since we are so blessed to only live 30 minutes from the beach, Monday is our beach day. This Monday was thunder-storming and chilly all day and the sun didn't come out until about 4:30pm. So we snuggled at home until about 5pm and then headed out to the beach to take a walk and get some produce from our favorite farm stand. We had a little impromptu photo shoot at the beach...

(I just love it when he holds my face)

(staring out at the ocean we crossed FOUR times to bring him home)

(daddy loves his boy so so much!)

(thank goodness daddy has long arms for these self portraits!)

It was a wonderful day! We came home and had fresh sweet corn with our stuffed green peppers! Mareto had "i love local strawberries" stickers all over him because the people at the farm stand absolutely adore him and shower him with love and gifts. (But, really, who wouldn't adore him??) Then, Mareto went to bed and mommy and daddy had a little at home date night. :) I just love Mondays!

17 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Looks like a perfect Monday to me! Your family is so beautiful :)

chloƫ. said...

what a beautiful family. i can feel the love coming off my computer screen :)

MamaMimi said...

Aww...sad day about your camera =( But these ARE awesome pictures! Your beach looks SO much nicer than ours! Hahaha!

4 Blessings said...

Love all the sweet pictures. It looks like you guys are having a great summer.

Hope your camera starts working again soon.
Blessings,
Amy

Laura said...

Aww, I hope your camera starts working again too... I love your pictures! beautiful family :)

Michelle said...

I just found your blog through the anderson crew - what BEAUTIFUL photos!!!! he's such a doll baby!! i have friends that are adopting from africa - they just got back this week from their court date. they are just waiting for their letter :) can't wait to follow your blog!

Lisa @ Life is Crazy Beautiful said...

:) BeAuTiFuL

Joeylee said...

beautiful!

Our Family of Four said...

Very cute! Great shots!

Hespyhesp said...

Love this post! You have a gorgeous little family!

tasha said...

Such beautiful pics and a beautiful family!

Amy said...

He is getting soooo big!!!

ruthiehart said...

I LOVE that you guys have a designated family day, and what a pleasure to live so close to the beach. I would die for that!

Allison said...

love love your sweet family pictures! Wish I lived so close to the beach...we got corn fields in Indiana nothing too exciting.

Desiree said...

This is so cute. I love your family picture updates.

Davene Grace said...

What wonderful pictures!!

carissa said...

cutest family ever!!!