7.10.2011

For Cyrus


"tears are words of the heart that the mouth can't speak"
(unknown)

My precious little baby... gone far too soon for this heart to bear... it's been four years since I carried you safely in my body... four years since we said goodbye. But it's been a breath since I have missed you, a breath since I've grieved, a breath since this heart has longed for you and ached for you.

Losing a child is like losing a limb. You are never ever the same. You learn to live life without them, you learn to walk, learn to smile, learn to move forward in life... but you are changed forever and you are ever mindful that something is missing. I love you sweet baby. Your short life brought me joy, and your death brought me closer to Jesus. Thank you for growing me in my walk of faith.

"Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."
Psalm 139:14-16

8 comments:

Jim and April said...

Beautiful! I love that quote too and of course LOVE Psalm 139. Love you dear friend and sister in the Lord. I love how you said just a breath since I last missed or grieved you. So true.

Monika said...

I would like to hug you right now, I´m so sorry for your loss. I´m with you!!! Beautiful verses!

Chelle said...

I understand all too well that pain. I am sorry for your loss.

Franchesca said...

been thinking about you since your last post Lauren, I'm so sorry you know the pain of losing two babies. Thinking of you, and have been blessed to watch the Lord move through your life and your journey. xxxx

Alison said...

So beautiful, Lauren. Praying for you today.

Alicia said...

HUGS, Lauren!! I know all too well what you are feeling. It is a loss..even if they weren't born in our arms. It's something we will never forget...

Linda said...

Lauren, I am sending you {Hugs} and saying a prayer for you right now.

Linda

Mattie said...

I've made the comment about losing a child is like losing a limb. The missing is always there even when filled with joy. Hugs to you sister in Christ. He has only known love from you and everlasting joy from the Father.