Last week while we were on vacation our little guy turned 11 months old! He is growing up way too fast for my liking. I am truly treasuring each and every moment with him at each and every stage. He is so incredible. Here's what he's been up to:
- Mareto is still a very big boy! He's not really fat ( a bit chubby, but babies are supposed to be chubby). As his Grandad says, "he's solid as a rock." That's a good way to put it. He's all muscle with a bit of baby chub to soften him. He's incredibly strong and quite sturdy! I couldn't be prouder of my little man. :)
- Mareto is wearing anywhere from 18 month - 2T sizes! See... told you he's a big boy!
- Obviously he's a great eater! haha He's eating mostly solids now with a couple bottles during the day at naptimes and bedtime. Favorites include green beans, cantaloupe, potatoes, peas, and yogurt. He loves eating what's on our plate, so we just cut our dinner up really small and he eats what we eat. Certainly is easy and inexpensive!
- Mareto is using a sippy cup for water and learned how to use a straw last week! He loves drinking our water through a straw at restaurants... and it's really cute!
- He sleeps great now! Two 2hour naps every day and then about 10-12 hours at night with one wake up around 2am for just a few minutes.
- He's still crawling everywhere and that boy is FAST! He knows where he wants to go and he zooms there!
- He can stand up on his own for about 10 seconds before he tries to reach or turn and loses his balance. I have a feeling that taking steps isn't too far off!
- Mareto is saying some words! He says "dada" and "mama" all the time and it's clear he knows they're our names. He also says "ah dah" (all done), and "gggzzz" (Jesus). He also says "mmmm" really emphatically when he's eating something he loves!
- Mareto has added lots of new tricks to his routine! He knows patty cake and claps along with it. He just started trying to roll his arms for that part and it's adorable! He also claps along with "if you're happy and you know it..."
- He tries to wink at us and it's absolutely hilarious! He squints both eyes and blinks rapidly.
- Mareto discovered that if he covers his ears with his hands and lets go it makes a cool sound, so he does it a lot... which of course is cute and delightful!
- I taught Mareto how to make kissing noises. So I can "air smooch" him from across the room and he'll do it back! Melts my heart...
Here he is doing his ear trick!
clapping for "patty cake"
Happy 11 months sweet boy! We are so thankful for each day with you... you are an amazing child and we are so blessed that you are our son!